Ages 20-25 night out! @ Star Street

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    Damn, I feel old!

Students regularly guess I'm in my mid-30s, which is terrible. Don't sweat it--many Chinese kids have a hard time telling how old non-Chinese people are, particularly if you're not Asian. On the flip side, I was in Jakarta earlier this year, and a group of gorgeous Korean girls thought I was 18 or 19. Made my day.

BTW, 1/5 is great. The last time I went there for a Geo meet, some girl I know I've met before gave me a hug and held onto me and was extremely flirty. Only problem is I had NO idea who she was and she knew all about me. lol. Rather than embarrass her (and myself), I slunk away.
    Actually, I'm the Chinese one. The kid was Irish.

Quote Originally Posted by sidsaccount:
    Actually, I'm the Chinese one. The kid was Irish.
    Whoa, OK. You must really look old then

I'll come along as well hopefully when you decide the date, it's nice in there had the set lunch last week with rest of team. My work is in PP3 so it's perfect for me and just moved into a flat 5min away, 30sec from 109 lol

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    Damn, I feel old!

Students regularly guess I'm in my mid-30s, which is terrible. Don't sweat it--many Chinese kids have a hard time telling how old non-Chinese people are, particularly if you're not Asian. On the flip side, I was in Jakarta earlier this year, and a group of gorgeous Korean girls thought I was 18 or 19. Made my day.

BTW, 1/5 is great. The last time I went there for a Geo meet, some girl I know I've met before gave me a hug and held onto me and was extremely flirty. Only problem is I had NO idea who she was and she knew all about me. lol. Rather than embarrass her (and myself), I slunk away.
    Don't worry about the age thing, see it as a 'experience' and 'maturity' boost. Being old isn't as bad as you think it is, aside from the AARP benefits (kidding)...

People usually think I'm 24, rather than 21... I take it as a compliment seeing that i don't act my age (okay, well, sometimes i do....) :P

I think the reason why you slunk away was because she knew everything about you (including all your social security number and bank details) and you got a little creeped out, amirite?

I likely won't be around for this one but will surely be in town for the next one so add me to the list of people to contact in the future

Quote Originally Posted by vivienneb:
    Don't worry about the age thing, see it as a 'experience' and 'maturity' boost. Being old isn't as bad as you think it is, aside from the AARP benefits (kidding)...

People usually think I'm 24, rather than 21... I take it as a compliment seeing that i don't act my age (okay, well, sometimes i do....) :P

I think the reason why you slunk away was because she knew everything about you (including all your social security number and bank details) and you got a little creeped out, amirite?
    lol yeah I have had a lot of experiences over the last decade, and while not all of them were good ones, I definitely learned a lot.

I slunk away because we were both getting a little touchy feely and I didn't want to be like, "What's your name again? And where do I know you from?" lol

Lolllllll that's a funny story Jay.

I certainly hope I don't look older than I am 27 or younger looking is fine with me

age is nothing but a number...right?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by @dorable:
    Lolllllll that's a funny story Jay.

I certainly hope I don't look older than I am 27 or younger looking is fine with me

age is nothing but a number...right?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Wrong. Read the sign.

""No infirm elderly allowed.""

I'm so sorry @dorable

Anyways, now that the Centenarian is gone, I'm thinking about placing this event on 12/12, next saturday night

Will start a new thread for this with the date, so if an admin is reading this, plz lock thread!
    Last edited by sidsaccount; 02-12-2009 at 04:32 PM.

Ohhhh is that how it is....

*removes herself from thread*

kids these days....

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by @dorable; 02-12-2009 at 04:59 PM.

Hi all...count me in for the meet up! Have we decided on a date yet? Been to 1/5 before and really enjoyed it...some very nice cocktails!