New Year's Eve: Who's in town to party?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

New Year's Eve: Who's in town to party?

To follow up on my earlier thread in the Entertainment and Nightlife section (http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread6320.html), I'd like to gauge interest in a group outing for New Year's Eve. Please post if you're interested and advise places you have in mind.

I'm in town and have a friend joining me as well. I am game if there is something interesting and not overly expensive planned for New Years Eve.

I was planning on heading to Knutsford but LMK if you guys have anything planned.

I'll definitely be loitering around LKF somewhere.

shall we organise something then? Or will geoexpat has something organised already?

Cool

Yeah sounds fun, all get together ! first new years in hk. everybody wang chung tonight!

LKF sounds good. I'm flying in from Europe that day and probably won't be able to join in the fun before 9p.m. --> any suggestions about venues?

We had a great time at Schnurbarts a few years ago .. no special meal and no overpriced sets.. and they are a pretty cozy bar. Not for posh / pretty people though.

Schnurrbart's sounds good. I am not looking for the $500+ dinner set but rather drinks and music. Is it common for people to bring their own bottles of champagne and drink on d'Aguilar street at midnight?

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

not in town for the fun and frolic this time around, but based on last year and a couple before that; LKF gets more and more tourists coming to gawk at how foreigners and people who think they are foreigners behave.

I would much rather pay $1000 and have the run of Viceroy and the other joints on the 2nd floor of SHK Centre.

If you can get about 30+ people and someone to organise then nothing beats a junk party at a nearby island and later getting close to the noonday gun for the midnight salute-with a bottle of Marquise de
    Pompadour, of course

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast