Expats who play musical instruments

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

So far this is what I got (please let me know if that's not correct):

Volgan - Vocals
    neither3nor4 - Guitar
    Shutensa - Guitar/Vocals/Keyboard (knows a drummer)
    jasition - Guitar
    shafin - Backing vocals
    Octoruss - Acoustic guitar
    flyingchair - drums

I know we have some repetition of instruments but we can decide about that later.

Main idea so far is to start as an acoustic band with the following songs:

Yesterday - Beatles
    Losing my religion - REM
    Hotel California - Eagles
    Overkill - Men at work

I was thinking of adding:

Is this love - Whitesnake
    With or Without you - U2
    Dust In The Wind - Kansas
    Crazy little things called love - Queen

We still need to decide a place to meet this Sat around 3pm (all are invited). And you guys can suggest other songs or bands.

Looking forward to start making some noise.

I used to play bass in an original band and wouldn't mind playing again, though I'm definitely not going to do Hotel California!

Heey game on! i've been thinking the same thing ever since I arrived (3 weeks ago) I'm a drummer and having left england and my band have been in search of fun people to jam with........Seems to me though that you've been overbooked! hehe

ah well, do let me know if youre in need of one....otherwise i could always stand at the back with some maracas....or triangle?

Quote Originally Posted by Lammarite:
    I used to play bass in an original band and wouldn't mind playing again, though I'm definitely not going to do Hotel California!

What's wrong with Hotel California? If that's just a matter of not liking (or hating) the song, please keep in mind that we all will probably end up playing or singing something we don't like. Hopefully in average you will love what we are playing. And we can definitely thing of doing some originals as soon as we get more confortable with each other.

Come on, play it, please, please, please !!!

Volgan, I would sooner stick a pencil in my eye and wriggle it around until I pass out from the pain.

Once this band happens I will be your biggest fan, just like I promised Volgan

Quote Originally Posted by Mariposita:
    Once this band happens I will be your biggest fan, just like I promised Volgan

I do hope so...

Do you know somewhere to practice? There are rehearsal studios in Kowloon but I'm not sure about HK side. On Lamma there is a house which all the bands share rent of.

Quote Originally Posted by Lammarite:
    Do you know somewhere to practice? There are rehearsal studios in Kowloon but I'm not sure about HK side. On Lamma there is a house which all the bands share rent of.

Not really, open to suggestions. Was thinking of first getting together in someone's house just to check the songs "acoustically" and talk more about the plans for the band. But if no one volunteers we can go to a studio. After a while we can think of a more permanent alternative.

I know of a few studios, but none of them have rooms big enough for 7-8 people at all =/

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast