Football (aka Soccer) Worldcup Get-togethers

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Football (aka Soccer) Worldcup Get-togethers

This goes out to all the football fans among geoexpats regardless of nationality ... like many of you, I will be unable to watch the World Cup live in Germany or even in the comfort of my home because I don't have cable TV only PCCW's Now Broadband TV. This means that there will many nights in June when I will spend long hours in a bar in Central or WanChai watching matches and thus, I am contemplating doing some formal planning through this website so that groups of geoexpat fans can get together and watch their favorite teams in the same place. Given that some of the best games are late-nighters. we'll also need to do some research on appropriate venues. Before I go any further, I wanted to gauge interest among you fans out there.

count me in!

I am there

I don't really follow football very much, but the world cup is always a great party.

I'm up for that, will be in HK by then

yeahhh, I will join you... As I couldn't stay in Germany ...and as I wouldn't have got tickets...hehe....
    I really like to see a new "miracle of Bern" hehe

Wow!! Please count me in too!!

Cheers for England and Germany (<-- does it sound a bit.. hmm.. weird?)
    Blom

Quote Originally Posted by littleblom:
    Wow!! Please count me in too!!

Cheers for England and Germany (<-- does it sound a bit.. hmm.. weird?)
    Blom
    Not weird at all- those are the two teams I traditionally hope do well.

I 'm a Canadian - of course our team won't be there.

Last World Cup, I was also hoping that South Korea and Japan would do well - especially the Korean team as they had lots of supporters here in Vancouver and it was neat to see them out early in the morning in team colours in large groups going down Robson Street.

The attaction to the German team is their organization and work ethic - most years.

I should be there then as well, count me in! Not too sure who to support. : ) besides just good football

At a later time, I will post my recommendations for get-togethers to watch preliminary round matches; will focus mostly on teams like England, Brazil, Argentina, Germany, Netherlands and Australia. If there are any other teams, I should include in our outings, please advise.

I'll be honest with you, unless it's a weekend game I'll only be out for the England games, I'm not up for getting up 3am to watch a game not involving England

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast