web/graphic designer

Closed Thread

web/graphic designer

Hello!
    Im creative and motivated web- and graphic designer with over 8 years experience - now on my way to hong kong - hoping to find lots of tips (and new friends) here. Any extra fun companies maby? Places to look - people to talk to? All tips are welcomed!

Thanx!

Design Oportunities

Eski,

There is quite a lot of work here in HK, but I warn of hazards here, if you haven not heard from other expat designers. The follwing perspective is dreary, so do not read on if you have a better additude than me.

I've worked here from almost 2 years within the prouct design industry. Commonly, working in-house for chinese and some world companies, the expectations for what can be gained from your services are often higher than what you might be used to with varying degrees. Hong Kong, generally is not nurturing as a creative culture, it mainly a place where money is made.

If you do land a job here, I'll wager the hours are long, the stress; high, work direction; vague, the adjusted wage per your worth; relatively low and the over all fun factor; unenriching. This is only one opinion, but I do know quite a few designers in HK singing a similar tune. Isolation is another factor that takes its toll, but you can get used to this.

My aploigise for being so dark, but in light of this assesment, you may learn that it may not be all you, it may be working in Asia.

Goodluck

Thanks for your reply - not so uplifting though. How long have you worked in hong kong? Are you freelancing or you have your own company?

By the sound of it - the best way is to get work from back home or just freelance!

Hi!
    I'm looking right now for a graphic designer freelance for 10days or 2 weeks...
    I'm fashion designer and need someone can help me to tale picture of my garment and modify on photoshop colors and layout.
    Need to be fast for retouching picture.
    Are you in HK right now...
    Need urgently someone...
    tomorrow if possible!
    Let me know!

If you are interested in freelance assignments, please give me a holla.

Graphic/Website designer

Hi. I'm looking for graphic and website designers for my company.

Shoot mt a message.

Fashion/Graphic designer also a painter :)

Hi everyone..

I have recently quit my full time job in HK and am looking for freelance projects now..

anyone who needs to get fashion/graphic design related work..pls send a PM if I can be of help..

I also provide my services of creating and painting customised artwork on furniture - ART ON FURNITURE

(Think fully painted and personlised coffee table,chairs,stool,dining table,shelf,sideboard,cupboard,magazine stand,Doors..everything and anything..wooden articles)

Pls send a PM for further details

Thanks.