HELP! Need Advice before the move!!

Closed Thread

HELP! Need Advice before the move!!

I am looking at a position at a school in HK. Can anyone advise me on what would be an 'acceptable' salary range for a secondary teacher, married with 1 child (15mths).

ANY advice would be very very welcome

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by peteredwards:
    I am looking at a position at a school in HK. Can anyone advise me on what would be an 'acceptable' salary range for a secondary teacher, married with 1 child (15mths).

ANY advice would be very very welcome

Cheers
    Hi, I know some secondary teachers, who have over 10 years teaching experience, are making over HK$50K a month. I guess if you don't have previous relevant experience, your salary may be at the range between HK$20K and $30K. I hope this will give you an idea.

Many Thanks

Many thanks - it looks as if salaries are roughly on a par with Australia. Of course the cost of living inHK is considerably higher and that is my major concern! If it was just me then I would be happy to accept the post and a possible drop in living standards for the opportunity and the experience, however with a wife and child (15mths) there ismuchmore at stake. Guess we'll just have to see how things pan out!