Need someone to wake me up!

Closed Thread

Need someone to wake me up!

Hi all,

I would like your opinion concerning my little project. I was currently spending one year in China studying Chinese and now I have to go back home... However I do not really want to go back and I would like to stay and look for a job in Hong Kong for about 2 months. Do you think it is possible for a French speaker with good level of English and Average level of chinese (but no cantonese) to find a job in HK ? I have a bachelor degree, HKID with RTL but no real work experiences (just have some internships and I did one in Shanghai). Find an interesting job with minimum 12K is it a dream ?

Should I go or should I give up and go home ?

Thanks a lot !

if you want to do,just do as you like.
    indeed,i think different place can make a better life
    Posted via Mobile Device

how old r u? just try for 2 months. What's the big deal?

If you were studying Mandarin, why would you want to live in HK? Go to Taipei or Beijing instead.

Try for a job as a french teacher? or for admin or something in a french international firm (there are several french and belgium banks here).

Well I am 22 years old. I would of course like to work in Mainland but I can't get the work permit because i do not have enough work experiences. So I was thinking of going to HK to find a job because I do not need work permit there with my HKID.

Edit @pinkelephant:I have a HKID with RTL which means that I can work freely in HK

Last edited by boya; 26-06-2010 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by boya:
    Well I am 22 years old. I would of course like to work in Mainland but I can't get the work permit because i do not have enough work experiences. So I was thinking of going to HK to find a job because I do not need work permit there with my HKID.
    you do need a visa to work in HK.

Quote Originally Posted by boya:
    Edit @pinkelephant:I have a HKID with RTL which means that I can work freely in HK
    oh i see
    well then give it a shot.
    good luck.