Help in finding a new job

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

O.k I'm willing to reschedule if Redkeira is happy to make it another time.

I'll leave her a message by p.m in case she doesn't read this post.

Hi Jimbo....thx, sorry about the reschedulling. I really would like to meet some expats since i haven't made much friends here. Its a bit hard since i am searching for a new job and the job i have now doesn't have much ppl to make friends with. Thanks a lot Jimbo I hope i can get to go to your meetings.

Good luck with the job searches. The market is quite good right now and I'm sure you will find something suitable soon.

Joining the CanCham was one of the first things I did when I came to Hong Kong from Canada and made a few good connections there. I believe their happy hours are on the 1st Friday of every month, and you can always drop by their office on Hollywood Road for more info.

Thanks...Wago. I didn't know about CanCham until i sign up to this forum. Where is Hollywood Road exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kooleia:
    Thanks...Wago. I didn't know about CanCham until i sign up to this forum. Where is Hollywood Road exactly.
    Up the Mid-Level Escalators before reaching Soho. You can find more info at www.cancham.org

Whereabouts do you work? Can you make it during your lunch break?

Otherwise am happy to reschedule it to another time...

I wonder how easy it is to get a working visa if you are willing to do any job?

For example, what if I applied to work in McDonalds?

Any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by keto1:
    I wonder how easy it is to get a working visa if you are willing to do any job?

For example, what if I applied to work in McDonalds?

Any idea?
    Depends if Maccas is willing to sponsor you...

As another networking option try oriented.com. They have happy hours at the end of each month. I only went one time but it was ok - lots of friendly people - not too daunting. I recommend you get some personal cards done to take though - they give them out like candy, exchan ging cards left right and centre. Godd luck - been in your shoes and it can get super depressing.

Hey Larac,

So you came to HK on a visitor's visa and you have found a job here in HK? If you can can you share your experiences with me? It's getting quite depressing for me now. Thanks

Steve