Chinese Canadian working in Bermuda looking to move to HK

Closed Thread

Chinese Canadian working in Bermuda looking to move to HK

Hello All:

I was born in HK, grew up in Canada, can speak Cantonese but not write or read. I have my ID card and can work in HK without a visa.

Obtained a B.Commerce at Uni of Toronto. I have 4.5 years fund accounting experience at several MNCs and a Hedge Fund Manager. I currently work in Bermuda (around 65K USD per year tax free plus bonus).

I am a few courses away from my CGA (Canadian accounting designation) and just wrote Level 3 of the CFA (pending results in August).

I know the pay won't be as good in HK, but I really want to move into finance (research, financial analysis, trading) and believe that HK would be a great place to get that experience.

Is there a range in salary that I should be expecting? What are my chances of getting above 35K a month in HK? Does anyone have pointers on where to look?

Thanks in advance. This site is quite the resource!

bump

anyone? just wondering what the chances are that I may find something in HK

Thanks again!

Hey,

I think with your educational background and with that kind of experiences you can command a very high salary here in HK. Finance and Investment Banking in HK is very hot right now.

Steve

yea try get into UBS bank ,jp morgan those company do have a really good offer

Hi
    I will be working in Bermuda in the next 2 month.
    I live in HK.

Wow, 65,000 usd tax free is very good. Can I ask how much is your annual bonus on average??

With your experience and bacground, hkd 35,000 pm or higher is pretty reasonable.