Jobs in HK

Closed Thread

Jobs in HK

I will be moving to Hong Kong in around 4 months time. I will be looking for Personal Assistant positions or something administrative.

Can anyone let me know of websites or organisations I can contact to get an idea of what the market is like?

Thanks very much

Really? So you have never heard of anyone coming over to HK and getting a working visa in an administrative job? Oh dear! Thanks for your advice anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Paul:
    But unless you have the automatic right to work in HK I would be very surprised if you could get a work visa for such positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Misslashes:
    I will be moving to Hong Kong in around 4 months time. I will be looking for Personal Assistant positions or something administrative.

Can anyone let me know of websites or organisations I can contact to get an idea of what the market is like?

Thanks very much
    how you can be a personal assistant if you know NOTHING about Hong Kong, you are day dreamiong or what?

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location

WPE, lay off the criticism........ the objective of the forum is to provide friendly advice, not criticize....

Quote Originally Posted by Max:
    WPE, lay off the criticism........ the objective of the forum is to provide friendly advice, not criticize....
    MAX. AGAIN

Where is your friendly advise? Misslashes complaint to the Moderator that he can't help her as her information provided not adequate to give any help. On the other hand, you as well educated human should know, that a personal assistant MUST be very familar with the country/city where she like to work including language and Misslashes do not have this qualification.
    For Administration work she can't obtain a workingvisa as at this joblevel the wage is not high enough as required by the IMMI, to get a workvisa. Just answer questions in a factual way and do not give hope where is no hope. That what such forum need and nothing else.

cheers

WPE

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location

Angry

WPE, again I suggest you take an English lesson. Not only do you fail to make any sense, you also don't manage to understand others very well.

If you read the previous post again, Misslashes wasn't complaining to the moderator, she was merely airing an opinion. She was also asking for assistance to contact "websites and organizations" for help You, on the other hand, chose to discourage her efforts. How would you be able to judge her competency levels by just reading a post? Jumping to conclusions is never appropriate when giving advice- again as you have ultimately decided to do!

Looking for a job is never easy, but what matters is the dedication of the individual concerned.