Barclays Capital

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyC:
    Well judging by that rant something definately hit a nerve

And yes, if you're getting paid a lot more than the people below you, I would expect you to put in the hours. But then most senior managers don't actually do anything anyway and spend the time justifying their fat salaries.
    LOL....and judging by yours it looks like we both hit a nerve....

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge:
    LOL....and judging by yours it looks like we both hit a nerve....
    Well I've seen enough incompetent senior management screw up projects that I've worked on if that's what you mean.

Thank God I don't have to deal with office politics anymore

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyC:
    Thank God I don't have to deal with office politics anymore
    Why is that??......have you been fired?????

I didnt realise that asking about working hours was such an emotive subject.

Nope, I work for myself

Excellent, well thank you very much for your viewpoint.

Regards
    Dodge

hmm.. interesting..

while BC is not really a IB, but from the capital market perspective they are quite aggressive. so in terms of hours, if u are in front office, its long, if u are not in front office but u are doing something business focus, its also quite long. even an IT network guy wld be expected to provide any support as and when the problem pops up, and that means regular early hours are out.

i am not sure if a non-front office person can just turn down any request from the front office unless its absolutely impossible. if its something possible but takes more time to do, then too bad, u are expected to do it. that's how the environment is.

so its really a big puzzle... if u can join an IB as a senior mgt, then i think u shld have an idea how IB is (i losely use the term IB on the first tier banks). if u don't, then either your interpretation of senior mgt is different from ours, or your defn of job scope is different.

guess we are just cynical once in a while. 8-P

On that note .. lets move on.