Like Tree1Likes

Living in Shenzhen, Working in Hong Kong

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger
    Have you tried looking at a map? They are diagrams printed on paper or seen on computer screens which show you where things are in relation to each other.
    Have you tried reading your posts? They are sarcastic words typed on a computer and they show you how patronising you are in relation to other people.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86
    Have you tried reading your posts? They are sarcastic words typed on a computer and they show you how patronising you are in relation to other people.
    Have you tried thinking about posts like mine? They are intended to encourage people to think for themselves and express their thoughts more clearly, and not load up the forum with helpless, unanswerable questions.
    MovingIn07 likes this.

PS boya,. How did you get an hkid card with a job paying 9k? Is it a working visa? I thought you needed to be earning a lot more for one of them?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger
    Have you tried thinking about posts like mine? They are intended to encourage people to think for themselves and express their thoughts more clearly, and not load up the forum with helpless, unanswerable questions.
    granted that was q uick comeback lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86
    PS boya,. How did you get an hkid card with a job paying 9k? Is it a working visa? I thought you needed to be earning a lot more for one of them?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    I would guess he has residency, or is married to someone with it.

now we're the ones clooging up the forum with useless, unanswerable banter haha. If he's married to someone why doesnt he ask her? If he has residency surely he knows someone who knows better than he knows if you know what i know i'm trying to say.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Ha ha, yes...

No unfortunately I still haven't found a wife haha ! I have HKID with the right to land because of my mother who has PR but do not live in Hong Kong. So If I go there I will have to manage everything by myself. Yes I can also take a part-time job during the week to get more cash but I am bit lazy during the weekend (I am a french speaker btw). The living cost is juts the biggest problem for me but if you think with 4k or even 3k I can rent a small studio in theses areas then there should be no problem and I've been living in Shanghai for one year eating fried rice and noodle almost everyday so I do not spend to much money on food.

Well; I think I will give it a try but before I will try to negociate the salary

Yes, it's all possible, just wanted to let you know that you won't have much left over each month. Good luck finding a place.

Sorry the postings about living in Shenzhen are so negative as your boss is right, it is a great solution to high costs in Hong Kong. I live in Futian, Shenzhen and commute to Sheung Shui in 20 minutes. Not illegal to live in Shenzhen at all, you just have to register with the police once a month (a complete formality but necessary) and leave China once a month, which you are doing anyway. Thousands of people commute across the border every day and you'll get a much better apartment in Futian, Shenzhen than you'll ever get in HK for the same rent. (There is quite a bit of ignorance about living in Shenzhen unfortunately and having lived in both HK for many years and Shenzhen for many years I can tell you from my own experience that Shenzhen is the solution to HK's very high cost of living. There are no problems living in Shenzhen at all - residential areas have very high security and lovely gardens, often with a pool and gym.)

The best map is the Map of Shenzhen, with pocket taxi guide, which you can get in Dymocks booksellers in HK (eg IFC, Harbour City, Central Building, Lyndhurst Terrace etc).

If you'd like some suggestions for good residential places in Futian, just ask.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast