Compliance

Closed Thread

Compliance

Hi guys, I am currently living in Switzeralnd and have more than 3 years professional experience in compliance/money laundering. I have a law degree and a PhD thesis in the field. Starting of October I am coming to HK with my wife with a dependent visa (authorised to work) but I dont know if i can find a good job related to my field or not. Someone told me there are many opportunities in compliance. Kindly let me know if someone from you guide me through a proper way

think there are tonnes of them, but i am not sure u can find something at your experience and qualification (i think it is quite high).

most of the compliance post in the foreign banks are like retirement job for their faithful guys from their country. 8-P but try your luck. its a hotly sort after field at least to satisfy the SFC nose..

and of course u have to know that over here in asia the job is more like hanging around verifying whehter what u have done matches the policy of the head office.

Try the SFC, as well as all major banks. I've known the SFC snap up people in your position.

You can try writing directly to the instutions of your choice. I am sure they will interview you. Then it is up to the firm to offer you a job and pay.

You may try these recruiting international agents in HK:
    www.robertwalters.com
    www.ambition.biz
    www.michaelpage.com
    www.hays.com

Besides, I understand that the fraud related department of KPMG HK is currently looking for a manager.