Help for banking/backoffice job search

Closed Thread

Help for banking/backoffice job search

Hi

Have moved to HK like a month ago from India...I used to work there in a pvt Bank. Over here i have applied in many banks and also have submitted my CV to many recruitment sites. But till now have not been successful in getting a job...(usually they ask for ppl fluent in Mandarin , cant ...)..Any suggestions..plzzzz... Also will experience in customer service help me to get a backoffice job..or may be a HR assistant job or wt ever...bored of sitting at home...

I reckon you are here on a dependent visa, so why don't you arrange meetings with some well known placement agencies and find out what they have to say about probability of you getting a job soon.

you can apply to Indian chamber of commerce.
    http://www.icchk.org.hk/

@gunsnroses: Hmm u think that will be helpful..?..and do u know any such good agencies..which might speeden up the process

@ghkg: Dude they r asking for some 2000 HKD to be a member..wts it abt?...if u r a member that means u got a job with them..??....

Quote Originally Posted by Dimps:
    @gunsnroses: Hmm u think that will be helpful..?..and do u know any such good agencies..which might speeden up the process
    You can start with Sterling Global HR Consulting, Robert Walters Hong Kong - Jobs and Recruitment Services.

@ghkg: Dude they r asking for some 2000 HKD to be a member..wts it abt?...if u r a member that means u got a job with them..??....
    Dimps, You can go through classified post, and jobsdb, they have a lot of headhunters there. I will see if I can find some contacts, I had sent it to number of friends before.

My colleague got the job through Indian chambers of commerce, so I think its worth a try.

@gunsnroses: Thanks will try that..

@mercury_element : Thanks a lot ..2000hkd..i think hubby is not going to like that...

Jokes apart plz keep me updated in case u have any contacts..or u know of any vacancies. Btw do u ppl have any frnds in operations or banking job ..if yes please fwd me thr contact details on [email protected]

I thought they had a membership for $500 a year, check again.

No it is not a job, but hopefully it will give you access to a lot of their established members i.e mostly successful businessmen/women to expand your network. They also have a directory of Indian businesses that you can use in your job search, since Indian businesses may not be so fanatic about you knowing Cantonese.

My wife is the same boat. But right now she is still waiting for her Visa. But she is already networking and met people from certain Indian banks that's expanding their operations in HK.

PS

Last edited by PSMaverick; 15-07-2010 at 06:32 PM.