Extension of Stay

Closed Thread

Extension of Stay

Hello!
    I need a bit of advice with this worry I have.
    I've been working here for 1 year now and my work visa is almost about to expire.

I've applied for an extension of stay, and the immigration have requested more information from my employer, who are still preparing the documents.

The visa actually expires next week, so what should I do? Do I have to leave the day it expires, and return as a tourist (and not go to work?).

I am also supposed to go on holiday next week, a few days after the visa expires too.
    Help, i'm losing my mind!...
    Thanks!

I'd wander over to IMMD and ask them for a temporary extension while the employer works on getting the docs together.

Thanks KnowItAll.

Hmm, they can do that?
    I will ask my HR to check with them!
    Has anyone here had a similar experience, or gotten a temporary extension before?...

They can do whatever they want .. you just have to ask them really nicely.

So I wandered on over there, and submitted half of the documents which were required (my co. is still compiling the rest), and a letter requesting for a temporary extension of stay. When I got there, basically I had to apply again, but with a shorter term. I asked for 4 weeks, and they gave me until October. So theres some time to get it all done, and I can go on holiday with peace of mind...

So, there you go people!...

Again, thanks KnowItAll!

hi there,

as long as ur working permit is under processing, is not a problem for u to extend. I extended every 2 weeks for 2 months until i got my work permit. but within this period make sure ur employer submit whatever doc they need.

>> I can go on holiday with peace of mind...

Send us a postcard from where ever you go.