Software Developer in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

JonnyC, are you a guru when it comes to C#, .NET, VBA, SQL Server etc? How would you rate your skills, experience etc on a scale of 1 to 10?

Guys

Anyone of you who thinks they are solid developers in C#, Java, C++ and are keen to remian topend developers (and get paid well for it !)....PM me and I'll see if we have any right jobs on my team.

I am not a headhunter or agent.....

We are keen on people with IB experience but not absolutely necessary. GUI in C# will be a huge plus.

Quote Originally Posted by HKNewBi:
    JonnyC, are you a guru when it comes to C#, .NET, VBA, SQL Server etc? How would you rate your skills, experience etc on a scale of 1 to 10?
    I wouldn't rate myself as a guru in anything to be honest but I certainly see myself as an expert with SQL Server. The other ones you mention I have no experience of (except for a little bit of VBA years ago). I'm now working with sybase and Unix scripting, I was lucky that the company were just looking for a general database guy and were happy that my T-SQL is up to the job. I'm a database dev/admin guy, nothing more. Actually thinking about it, this thread is entitled 'software developer' so maybe I should have stayed out of it

JonnyC,

Your experience of being recruited from outside HK is highly relevant to this thread. I can't believe I never thought about checking out UK job sites before.

Of course most of the jobs advertised there require IB experience of some sort, but at least anyone who posts an ad there is willing to deal with candidates outside HK. Even flying over to London on short notice for an interview would be possible, if that's what it takes. So thank you for that bit of inspiration at least

I definitely noticed that there's a huge demand for IT people in IB. All recruiters I've been talking to have been trying to push me to IB clients and I can see a lot of jobs advertised as well. But industry experience is almost always a requirement.