Like Tree1Likes

Insurance Jobs in Honk Kong

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Insurance Jobs in Honk Kong

Hi!

I am an Indian.Have done MBA in Mktg and Insurance.Have got 7 years of experience in sales and operations of insurance (life and non life)

-What kind of befitting insurance job can I hope to find in HongKong?
    -How much can I expect to be paid.
    -What are the working style /conditions.....number of hours,prospect of growth etc.
    -How I go about looking for a befitting job....I mean job consultants,insurance companies

Pls guide.

Regards

In all honesty: salary 0, all commission only. Chances of work visa also zero.
    Posted via Mobile Device

yup agree with the previous post, but as an indian you might have a niche market selling to other south asians. But dont expect to do well with mainstream HK poplulation as there are millions of local reps competing against you for business

Probably not even that as the competition from other Indians and SE Asian working in the industry who were born here would be intense. It's not something you could ever get a visa for. The total amount of agents is approximately 60,000 in HK so the competition is immense.

Hi Jaykay/BillyBats

Thanks for you replies.

Agents are the people who sell........so if you think that possibilty in sales is rare then.................... maybe something in operations i.e. office job (clerical).I mean anything in insurance sector.I have worked in both life and non-life sectors.

I appreciate the fact you have pointed out.

If not insurance,what else could I try (any other sector) where I put my experience and education to use for a decent living.

I am good at reading,writing and speaking English,Hindi and Punjabi.

I am open to any sector /industry.

Regards

You big problem is that you need (I assume) a visa to work here. That means you need to find a job where the employer can persuade Immigration that they can't find a local permanent resident to do it. Your languages are not uncommon amongst the local population.

An alternative would be to get a visa under the Quality Migrant Admission Scheme and then come looking for a job - once you have QMAS you can do any work without further permission from ImmD.

Hate to be frank, but unless you have a specialty skill, your chance of getting a visa is slim. The skill set you stated seems quite common here and the language skill does not seem particularly helpful to your cause.

If you already have a visa, finding a job might not be hard, but dont expect pay to be too attractive

I have an Indian friend with 5 years of sales experience who got laid of 2 years ago and cannot find work for 1 whole year. He ended up passing out fliers in tst to make ends meet. I heard that just recently he got another sales position, not sure how pay is.

Last edited by billybats; 22-07-2010 at 03:03 PM. Reason: spelling

Your best bet would be to approach one of the Indian owned insurance brokers in town. Perhaps contact the Indian Chamber of Commerce for a list and then contact those companies. This is assuming that you do not currently have a right to work in HK.
    If you do have that, things might be easier.
    Regards
    PS

@jaspreet,
    i agree with all above.
    I think you have got the best possible advise from everyone.
    good luck.

Professional insurance qualifications count in HK, according to the business cards I have seen.

One is ACII (British) the other is ANZIIF (Aus+ NZ)

Marine Insurance is big business in HK, SIN and China both cargo insurance and Protection and Indemnity.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast