Job Prospects in Hong Kong

Closed Thread

Job Prospects in Hong Kong

Hi,

I was active on another thread but I feel giving all info about my elf will help you answere it better:

I am an Indian (Punjabi native) ,31 years of age, male.

I am have a good command over spoken and written english,hindi and Punjabi.I have 8 years of experience in insurance sales.

My Education:

-Post Graduate Diploma (MBA) in Marketing and Insurance
    -Bachelors of Arts (Maths Economcs Psychology)

Professsional Education:
    -Associate of General Insurance from Insurance Institute of India,Mumbai,India
    -AMFI-Mutual Funds (Advisors) Module,India

My queries:

Keeping all the fact is mind can you giude me what are the possiblities of making a decent living in HongKong.........insurance,non insurance,sales,admin,clerical etc.

What is scope of finding a job if I do a CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) from British Council,India. Are english teachers in demand.

What kind of salary can be expected.

Kindly advise.

yes, english teachers are in demand BUT if you are not white you will have a much more difficult time getting wor, especially as your english is not near a "native-speaker" standard (judging from your various posts on here).

as others have said in the other thread, it's not even the "getting work" that will be the most difficult. what will be near impossible will be getting the visa.

i am not being nasty or vindictive in my post, merely honest.

Thanks Carang.....I appreciate your view point.

Regards