2nd Job

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2nd Job

A question regarding 2nd jobs:

I am permitted to live in HK via my company providing a work permit.

This work is Monday to Friday. I need some more income now and want to work on Saturdays.

As I have a work permit already, this should be legal right? Do I need to inform or ask the first company or keep it under my belt?

Thanks for your advice in advance.

Kurt

You're work visa is sponsered by your company and only covers you to work for that company only.

you need to inform immig that you wish to take up another job...
    they will decide if you are allowed to or not.

i would stay away from the "i need more income" as they may then question why you aren't earning enough from your first job that they have already granted the visa for.

chances of being approved for a second job are fairly remote, i'd think....

good luck!

Maybe I'll take my high-maintenance girlfriend with me to immigration. They'll soon understand. LOL

Since I've been here I've found that my salary is a fair bit below market average. If I find a new job, how long will it take to transfer the sponsorship? Is it the same as my original one (7 weeks)? Anyone done this before?

Thanks
    Kurt

It varies depending on how familiar your new sponsor is with the process. In my case it took 2.5 weeks.

2.5 weeks hey? My wallet could cope with that I think.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    It varies depending on how familiar your new sponsor is with the process. In my case it took 2.5 weeks.

And, of course if you had an arrangement with your new employer that they would pay you a joining bonus equivalent to the pay that you would have got had you joined them immediately then you might find yourself spending a bit of time in their offices before you are actually employed there. IYSWIM.

so can anyone explain this a bit more -if I want to take a new job - can the current VISA just be tranferred over, or do the new company have to reapply from scratch?

Companies never apply for visas - it is the individual who applies, supported by sponsorship from the potential employer.

If you wish to take a new job then you must apply for transfer of sponsorship. You need to use the same form and supply the same supporting documents as you did for your first application.

OK - so it is not really a 'transfer' but really a whole re-application? is that right? My issue is that the new employer already has two sponsorships goinng through and is concerned that they may not be given a third, especially as i do not have as much experience in this particular field as the other two do. I am trying to work out if having a permit already will make things a bit easier on the approval front

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast