how to get a working permit?

how to get a working permit?

i just wonder that how to get a working permit in HK. applying for a working permit first or get a job offer first?
    if i have no job offer, can i obtain the working permit from immigration department ?

A HK company ask me if i have the working permit.i just wanna make it clear first.

You need a job first. The employer has to then sponsor you for a job visa and a part of that process involved proving that they could not find someone locally to do what you'll be doing for them.

And there is much more bureaucracy involved for Mainland Chinese (which is what I believe emma007 is) than for other foreigners... you don't just need permission from HK, you also need permission from your "home town" authorities in the mainland.

yes, it's so boring. i was allow to visit HK twice, for i had a trave visa. but i used it up. if i wanna go to HK again, i have to go back to ChangSha(my hometown) to get the premit. now, i live in SZ. it's so far away from Changsha.

i just think that company will not give me a job offer, because they want someone who can work immediately. and it will take so much time for me to get the permit.