Chinese English-teachers?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

If I were local I would not want my child to speak with a British accent. No offense but I stated the reasons in another thread. Out of curiosity are most of the teachers here American or British? Never mind their ethnicity.

although PDLM seems to have problem with definitions of what is an American in line with the local parents train of thought I suppose. lol. BTW many Asian-Americans had ancestors who spent more time in the states than you have lived in HK.

http://adcouncil.wmod.llnwd.net/a540...merican_60.wmv

Last edited by MotoHK; 04-09-2006 at 02:57 PM.

2. Requiring teachers to be White because that's what the payors want - Ok, so granted demand is for these White teachers. But that does not justify discrimination. An analogy: Does it justify that we give people illegal drugs (wrong deed) because it's in high demand? So does it mean we can discriminate based on color (wrong deed) just because people ask for it?

Companies themselves do not want to be discriminating against anyone and find it hard to justify. But business is business and it is a short lived business if based on moral judgement and not on demands. Don't shoot the messenger quotes apply here. We employ many people from many backgrounds and have to be strategic in placing them. A small learning centre doesn't have that luxury as they live or die by their student numbers. Of course they, like any other business, want to survive.

If I were local I would not want my child to speak with a British accent. No offense but I stated the reasons in another thread. Out of curiosity are most of the teachers here American or British? Never mind their ethnicity.

The teachers in highest demand are British and Australians. Then Canadians and Americans. That’s just how it is regardless of how others may feel about it.

I agree, British teachers are the most popular. I'd say it's pretty much a tie between Canadians and Americans though.

BTW, MotoHK, I agree with what some of the others on here have said. Your posts smack of Asian1's flavor.

Last edited by jayinhongkong; 04-09-2006 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    I agree, British teachers are the most popular. I'd say it's pretty much a tie between Canadians and Americans though.

BTW, MotoHK, I agree with what some of the others on here have said. Your posts smack of Asian1's flavor.
    Not sure what you are saying but PDLM made some weird comments on aother thread and I thought about it when posting to the Language thread.

similarily, westerners who think every oriential is chinese and every chinese is good on chinese-kung fu. - my conclusion is only those ones who are small minded would think that. what they need to do is to get out more and see the world. there are more than chinese and English native speakers out there than they think.

Quote Originally Posted by EUChinese:
    similarily, westerners who think every oriential is chinese and every chinese is good on chinese-kung fu. - my conclusion is only those ones who are small minded would think that. what they need to do is to get out more and see the world. there are more than chinese and English native speakers out there than they think.
    Agree w/ your comments. BTW "oriental" is offensive. Not PC. A "western" euro-centric term used to label which we reject as Asians define themselves. Use Asian.
    Last edited by MotoHK; 05-09-2006 at 12:42 AM.