Career Counselors.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy Career Counselors.

Have been trying to look for a job for more than 6 months now, but hard luck, havent found one yet.

Are there any good career counselors here?? May be going to one will help.

Thanks.

There are some unscrupulous ones that will try and rip you off, best bet is to speak to some recruitment consultants and actually ask them what skills etc you need to make yourself more in demand.

Have you thought about to college etc and doing some courses to make yourself more marketable?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    There are some unscrupulous ones that will try and rip you off, best bet is to speak to some recruitment consultants and actually ask them what skills etc you need to make yourself more in demand.

Have you thought about to college etc and doing some courses to make yourself more marketable?
    Well, I tried for some head hunters and the reply I got from them was "Send your resume online, we will contact you when we find something suitable for you." It has been 3 months now and they havent contacted me. This happened when I called them just to take an appointment from them.

Mercury : what sort of area are you looking for a job in?

Mercury... trust you have registered in Monster.com. Pretty effective, i was told. All the very best to you .

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    Mercury : what sort of area are you looking for a job in?
    KIA,I have 6 months experience in Marketing and Admin. I am looking for something related. I understand marketing job is not that easy here to find, because of the local language. I am just loosing hope now. I have sent more than 1000 applications for entry level job, in these 6 months, which includes everything admin, clerical, financial planner trainee, clerical, marketing, managemenet trainee, etc etc....but not even a single reply.

Quote Originally Posted by ashzz:
    Mercury... trust you have registered in Monster.com. Pretty effective, i was told. All the very best to you .
    I havent registered with monster.com, but I follow that religiously, same with classified post and career times. I buy these papers every week, but havent got anything yet.

Mercury : you might have better luck getting the members list from the Indian Chambers of commerce and calling / applying to those companies that do business with India.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    Mercury : you might have better luck getting the members list from the Indian Chambers of commerce and calling / applying to those companies that do business with India.
    Thanks Kia, I will try that too.

Don't expect headhunters and agencies to get back to you either so you're going to need to be pro-active and contact/harass them.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast