Another IT Pro lookin for work in HK (!)

Closed Thread

Another IT Pro lookin for work in HK (!)

Hey..

I know there's another thread on this, but it looked kinda quiet so thought I'd see what the current mood is...

I'd like to think I'm a fairly well rounded IT person.. worked in the industry for nearly 10 yrs now, mainly development/architecture.. My skills are Oracle databases, Java, XML, Web Services, EJB's - all the fun stuff.. main platforms are 8i thru to 10g A/S & RAC - we have Weblogic too.. (Kinda hard to justify it when you have an Oracle ELA though..!) .. have some experience in .NET as our clients love it .. also got a lot of experience in C++ as well.. (our clients don't love it, but we do!).. I've also supported Win2K/2003 (server side) and linux, not much unix (that was up to my mate steve!) .. Quite a bag I know, some good skills I'd like to put to good use..

The kind of projects I've been working on are for the UK government (some pretty good projects), as well as eBusiness stuff a few years back..

Do you guys think there's a market for someone like myself in HK? Not sure about the current skills market out there & what the competition is like.. Hoping its so-so would love to come over to see whats out there and experience something different..

Kind Regards
    A.

Do you have any right to work in HK? If so doing, you should have enough opportunity to find a job. If not, I don't think it would be easy... and you need to take chance.

PM me your CV. If you are a hands on senior developer type with solida Java and C++ I have some openings.

What about C# ?

Thanks Katanga.. will PM you my CV & we can have a chat there..

Not much C#, I've used it but don't profess to know it!.. Very similar to Java though, enough differences to make it unique, not enough differences to make it impossible to understand! I think the main frameworks people need to understand are .NET or J2EE nowadays, they're similar enough in their concepts, just differ in the classes they use! ..

Do you guys use a lot of C#? As we're primarily an Oracle shop, we've gone down the Java route, though we've had to develop .NET systems for some of our clients as they prefer it.

A.