please help.... my bf needs a job

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

please help.... my bf needs a job

Can anyone hire my bf? My bf and i are planning to get married once he has enough money to move to HK. But the problem is... is it difficult to find a job in here? My bf is american, he knows a lot about computer, he got a certificate of Microsoft sth, i dont really know what it is lol.. but he is good at computer. He doesnt has a degree but smart... he quit after taking a few semester coz of some personally problem... he really wants to move to here, but what if he cant get a job in here? please help..

it will be difficult for him, but it will be easier once he gets here.

as for someone giving him a job... if you reread what you posted, i think that you would be very surprised if someone would take a chance on him based on that...

he needs to get a resume/cv together and start sending it out....

how much $ does he really need to move here? other than airfare?

There are also many people who are good in computers in Hong Kong already, have Microsoft Certification, and who are smart.. etc.

Does he have any edge over the local people? What kind of salary is he looking for? How about language skills?

Quote Originally Posted by roosterbabe:
    he really wants to move to here, but what if he cant get a job in here? please help..
    I could only suggest that either you move to America or he finds a job in America which is willing to send him here.

For a start:
    www.jobsdb.com.hk
    www.classifiedpost.com.hk

Just a small point, but if he has computer certification, perhaps he should be posting his own work requests? Much more affective way to look for work doing it oneself.

Thanks.

yeah.. i know.. but iam just worried if he can get a job in HK. I mean is he has any possibility to get one.. so i asked for him in here.. i will discuss it with him again.. thanks guys

I think the best bet is you move to America rather than he moves to HK. America should have better opportunities for the computer jobs for their local people. Also, having no degree will make him become disadvantageous when getting a job in HK nowadays.

I agree with greentea on this - you speak English so it will be far easier for you to get a job in the US than for your non-chinese-speaking fiance to get one here.

But he really hates to stay in US.. he likes Hong Kong So much.. do you think everything will get more easlier after we get married and he has the dependent visa?

I'm sure he could find a job if he is willing to teach English.

There are IT jobs to be found in Hong Kong, but don't expect just to walk into one with that sort of skill set. Get over here and do a bit of networking. Get your name around. If your boyfriend is an approachable sort of chap he will find opportunities as they do exist. It just might take a bit of time and can be quite disheartening.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast