Pls help! Office Politics / Attendence

Unhappy Pls help! Office Politics / Attendence

Could you please help??? I really dun know what should do!!

I work in back office for operation support. Actually I wanna to have an internal transfer to PR department. I have had this idea since 6 mths ago. Firstly, I have to wait the vancancy there and also, I have to wait my team being stable since the new manager take over our department in 9 mths ago. Two weeks before, there was a vancancy from PR. Meanwhile, I thought now should be the apporiate time what our team already stable. I talked to my supervisor for my plan in office (in public, some collegous should heard that). He agreed and advise me to submit the CV for apply. Last week, I talked to my supervisor for it again, since I just prepared my CV. However, he told me that someone complaint to HR department for my everthing (attendence, attitude....). And I better not apply that job
    Some collegous in my team quite hate me. Most of them has been work for 10 yrs. I have no idea why they hate me that much. It's possible due to I work well with my previous manager. Actually, they also make the rumor that I have affairs with my previous manager.

No matter the case how worse, I have been talked to my new manager and try to know what happen now. MD of HR forward the complaint to my MD and my MD request my new manager investigate it.

Yes, I really always get late 15 mins in the morning. For me, I dun think there is any big diff of performance in between that 15 mins. I feel confident for my job. However, my manager asked me that "V, do u wanna stay??" She can't waste any time for the staff in her team whom not loyalty. So if I dun stay, she may fire me. Well, I haven't confirm her yet. What should I do??

Actually my previous manager promised me that he would be my refree if I apply that post.

I screwed up all the things..... Please help!!

1). Should I still apply that job?? If yes, I have to let my new manager know since I have to get his approval first.

2). Should I stay in my current job?? If not, I'm affraid i will be get fire.

3). Should I write a letter to HR MD for what the actual scenario i faced??

Is this a multinational company? Which (if any) of the individuals involved are foreigners?

(And if everyone is local, including yourself, why are you asking this on an Expat forum?)

Yes, mulitnational company. All MD and my ex-manager are foreigners. But the new manager is local.

Last edited by vivianc; 08-10-2006 at 11:02 PM.

Sorry to say this. But when you wrote this Yes, I really always get late 15 mins in the morning. For me, I dun think there is any big diff of performance in between that 15 mins. I feel confident for my job.

It does say a lot about you. I'm one of those that's on time or if not early for meetings. I don't like waiting for people. My time is precious as much as everyone elses'. And it's about making the effort and respect for others in the meeting. Who cares if you're confident, competent in your job if you can't give 15 mins of your respect to your workmates and boss. I hope that this is not offensive but maybe it's time to take time and reflect on yourself.