Some business questions

Closed Thread

Some business questions

Anyone have any recommendations of who I can talk to, to discuss:

1. Realistic salary expectations for my staff for specific job duties for HK local.

2. Setting up an office in China (everything involved, costs, registering, legal issues, tax, etc)

3. Same as number 1 but for China locals who would be hired to work in China office doing specific duties.

no ideas on who to talk to?????

Quote Originally Posted by mattstewart:
    Anyone have any recommendations of who I can talk to, to discuss:

1. Realistic salary expectations for my staff for specific job duties for HK local.

2. Setting up an office in China (everything involved, costs, registering, legal issues, tax, etc)

3. Same as number 1 but for China locals who would be hired to work in China office doing specific duties.
    1) Depends on the roles obviously but call up a few staffing firms and they may be able to give you some guidance. Alternatively, check out the local job boards and see what salary range similar postions go for.

You can also post your question with specific information (job titles, responsibilities etc.) at http://hkstartup.com. Fellow business owners may be able to give you some indication as to what they pay their local staff.

2) A few of the HK company formation services firms could probably advise you. Depending on your industry and your company's background, you may be able to do business in China under CEPA.

3) Again, it'll require some research on your part but speak to China recruiters, check out the job boards and ask fellow business owners.

Good luck.

salary range

It very much depends on what kind of specialty assignment you require, and what do you expect to achieve from the staff. For general manger which have to be multi-task and running a small sized form it may run from HK$25K - HK$50K. For finance or accounting jobs/Amin/HR arrangement for the new company it may range from HK$15K - HK50K. All depends on the level of experience and professionalism you're looking for - not applicable to top executive. But I noticed my friends when they set up company here in HK they will tend to offer a combination of fixed salary + incentive/year end bonus to achieve flexibility. I know there are also small independent agents/home-office worker who help new comers to do pre-office works so as to minimize setup cost, and prevent hiring top-end people to do the relatively trivial/non valued added tasks before office are ready in full-scale.