Like Tree4Likes

Part-time job for a 15 year old.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Part-time job for a 15 year old.

Hi,

I'm 15 and looking for a part-time job. I am male and i live in hong Kong, precisely in PokFuLam. I'm speak English and German, but sadly don't speak allot of Chinese. I'm not very experienced, since this would be my first job, but I'm a fast learner and I don't quit. I don't know if someone is willing to pay for a 15 year old or not. Personally I'm not in it for the money, but for the experience. I want to know what its like to be working... I'm good with IT, cleaning up, walking dog's, Babysitting (I'm great with children and Babies.), sorting stuff, writing email, taking pictures, editing movies (and the list goes on)

I hope that someone has a answer for me

Marco

Hi marco
    I wld Like to hire u at my sandwich Cafe, but not sure 15year old is under the gvmt Regulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco.hk:
    Hi,

I'm 15 and looking for a part-time job. I am male and i live in hong Kong, precisely in PokFuLam. I'm speak English and German, but sadly don't speak allot of Chinese. I'm not very experienced, since this would be my first job, but I'm a fast learner and I don't quit. I don't know if someone is willing to pay for a 15 year old or not. Personally I'm not in it for the money, but for the experience. I want to know what its like to be working... I'm good with IT, cleaning up, walking dog's, Babysitting (I'm great with children and Babies.), sorting stuff, writing email, taking pictures, editing movies (and the list goes on)

I hope that someone has a answer for me

Marco
    Posted via Mobile Device

As I understand the rules then in a retail environment, anyone who has passed their 15th birthday may be employed pretty much like anyone else. There are restrictions on the sale of alcohol, and maybe on night working.

(15-17 year olds working in an industrial setting have more restrictions)

oh that's great, thks. but what aout the working permit if marco is expat not hk citizen, he still needs a working permit, right ?

Assuming he is here with his parents then he will be on a Dependant Visa (or be a Permanent Resident in his own right) which allows him to work freely. It is only an issue if he is here on a Study Visa.

I am a permanent resident of Hong Kong so do I need a working permit??
    Posted via Mobile Device

No, you don't. You're free to work.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Okay so are you intrested in hiring me?

Me? No, but I hear joyce2010 may be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought:
    Me? No, but I hear joyce2010 may be interested.
    marco, pls give me a call fr further discuss. it is a take-away french sandwich shop at sheung wan(with REAL French baguette from France).
    and thank you for all the replies which are useful and helpful !
    merci
    lucy3181 likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast