No replies on Job Applications...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Oh and make sure your c.v is good and easy for the reader to digest the information.

I had mine professionally written a while back and the difference was astounding, Before that I wasn't getting any interviews/callbacks and afterwards I was getting 10 calls a week from agencies etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    I had mine professionally written
    what does that mean?

I agree with most, going past HR and finding the HIRING MANAGER is the key. That's 50% of the battle.

Go to your school network, liase with people who are in the industry / company you want to work for.

I had my interview done with my current boss himself. took them 1 week from first call to an offer. when I submitted my cv online a few weeks back, through another channel, nada. my cv just drowned.

Quote Originally Posted by coolgirl:
    what does that mean?

I got mine written by a professional company with experience in the industries I work for and they have solid HR experience as well thus they know exactly what the recruiting firms are looking for in a C.V etc.

I haven't had a problem, but it can be based on the field as well. Also make sure you have a local address and phone number on your C.V.

Oddly enough I went to an interview with a company and they had re-writen my C.V. for me. They advised me that the changes they made were more aimed at Hong Kong than what I had before. I was shocked! I love the changes they made!

jimbo > i told you before. 8-)

anyway, my view is, just write in a CV what you think you would wnat to read of a potential employee.. then u shld be ok.

people tend to think what they have done in life is very glamourous or good, but think of it from another angle and see if those deals make sense.

Same here too. lots of applications but never a reply and when i call them and ask them about it, they say they'll get back but eventually never do. It's so frustrating.

What do we have to do to get a reply?

Its been 4 months now and no replies.

Quote Originally Posted by dark angel:
    Same here too. lots of applications but never a reply and when i call them and ask them about it, they say they'll get back but eventually never do. It's so frustrating.

What do we have to do to get a reply?

Its been 4 months now and no replies.

I understand your pain

Dark Angel,

Just dont give up! it took me several months to get my first job here.

I heard the news last week HK unemployment rate was at record low. maybe not everyone is benefiting.

not to mention she does have a good job right ?

here's some encouragement, got an interview for tmw for a job i applied for A MONTH ago. the interviewer is going to be the company's MD himself.
    so sometimes it's really hard to say. but i have been throwing resumes out there once in awhile for the past few months, but for jobs i am interested in and think i'm capable of. i'm really selective