No replies on Job Applications...

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

HKChigger,

Would you mind to elaborate just a little bit about what sort of things they changed about your CV? Was it something aimed specifically at your chosen profession, or is it something we could all benefit from?

Wow!! The total responses here have been more then what I have received from companies since applying for work! Great stuff...very helpful.

Thanks guys.

Hey tulip i guess that's coz we all know how it feels not to get a reply...

i guess most of us are still waiting for replies from places

hope it works out for all of us..

Hey Tulip, Hiring decisions (including who to interview) are made by line managers - HR arranges meetings, send letters, gets you to fill forms, apply for visas etc..

You make want to think about who the right people maybe in each firm that you are interested in..

Good luck.

Back2HK,

HR usually does some kind of initial screening and from my experience this is where it usually is hardest to get through esp. here in HK. The same goes for recruiters.

Hiring managers are usually able to read a bit between the lines and can be flexible, whereas this doesn't really seem to be the case with HR and recruiters.

So the best bet in my view, and as some one earlier wrote, is to get directly to the hiring managers and try to go around HR, and to some extent recruiters, as far as possible.

Last edited by automatic; 23-11-2006 at 12:41 AM.

Hi Everyone,
    I am new to this forum and I am also currently looking for a job. I read this thread and Jimbo mentioned that he found a company to professionally write his resume. Jimbo can you give me the name of this company? Or can anyone recommend another company? I would really appreciate it. Thanks!!!!

Amytel

There are plenty out there and all pretty much as good as each other, If its a western company thats going to do your c.v then its only going to be of use if you'll be targetting western multinationals etc etc as they'll understand your c.v better than say your small local company.

p.m me your e-mail address and I'll send you a copy of mine which you can use as a template if you wish.

Hi,

If you don't mind can you please send me a copy of your resume too so that I can use it as a template.

I have been trying a lot but not getting any responses.

My email id is [email protected]

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Amytel

There are plenty out there and all pretty much as good as each other, If its a western company thats going to do your c.v then its only going to be of use if you'll be targetting western multinationals etc etc as they'll understand your c.v better than say your small local company.

p.m me your e-mail address and I'll send you a copy of mine which you can use as a template if you wish.

Those of you that have asked me its been sent to your e-mail accounts, And as I was inundated with p.m's the offer is now closed.

expected salary + availability

alot of the job postings require you tell them ur expected salary and availability.. so.. is it better to add that to your cover letter? will hr actually disregard your resume if you dont write that in? what's better? any body have any recommendations? thanks.