required experience for Fitness?????

Closed Thread

required experience for Fitness?????

I want to pursue a career in Personal Training/Fitness industry in Hk, but from what i heard they might not hire someone with not so much experience, is it true? Im still finishing my thesis and my certifications, so i dont have much experience as i would want to.

I think it is possible to get a job in Hong Kong doing personal training, unless you need a visa. Then I think your chances are pretty much non excisting.

i do need an working visa. does that means i have no chances to get a job in this kind of industry !!!

I highly doubt it, I cannot say anything for sure as this is not my industry, but there are lots of locals who work in the job and are qualified. Any company that wants to hire you would need to prove to the Government that no current Hong Kong PR is equally or more qualified for the position.

Not trying to be rude or anything, but based on that fact I think your chances are basicly zilch.

But language might have add some brownie points for you - if a expat-oriented gym have a vacancy, that is.

The bigger gyms will hire you once you're completely finished with your courses. They can issue you with a working visa too. Being a non-Cantonese speaking, non-native English speaker, you are at somewhat of a disadvantage though.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    The bigger gyms will hire you once you're completely finished with your courses. They can issue you with a working visa too. Being a non-Cantonese speaking, non-native English speaker, you are at somewhat of a disadvantage though.
    Im non-native speaker but i can speak it and maintain a degree of fluency close to a native speaker.Can it be useful or im at disadvantage if i dont show any English-Speaking nationality??
    Last edited by Boneco; 22-11-2006 at 02:20 AM.