Big 4 Salaries- tax

Closed Thread

Big 4 Salaries- tax

Hi

I was wondering if someone could help me out. I was thinking of accepting a local big 4 job as a manager (1st year) in Hong Kong but I'm not sure what the salary range is. I've heard everything from 13 month to 14 month, and housing allowance to no housing allowance.

Please could someone advise? I will be working in tax.

Many thanks.

Can you share what the offered you?

Quote Originally Posted by query:
    Hi

I was wondering if someone could help me out. I was thinking of accepting a local big 4 job as a manager (1st year) in Hong Kong but I'm not sure what the salary range is. I've heard everything from 13 month to 14 month, and housing allowance to no housing allowance.

Please could someone advise? I will be working in tax.

Many thanks.

Let's just say I've heard it's anything from 40K to 50K.

But I've also heard it's above 50K.

And I also heard that there has been a big payrise just last week at the Big 4 due to losing too many people.

Looking at salary surveys, I see 700K a year plus for some (marked up as 6 years experience- I assume this means in your 6th year, i.e. manager as generally people make manager after 5 years in HK) and in others, around 500K a year.

I just don't know what is fair; I know what it is overseas but can I ask for as much here?!

Quote Originally Posted by query:
    Let's just say I've heard it's anything from 40K to 50K.

But I've also heard it's above 50K.

And I also heard that there has been a big payrise just last week at the Big 4 due to losing too many people.

Looking at salary surveys, I see 700K a year plus for some (marked up as 6 years experience- I assume this means in your 6th year, i.e. manager as generally people make manager after 5 years in HK) and in others, around 500K a year.

I just don't know what is fair; I know what it is overseas but can I ask for as much here?!
    Those salaries sound like they are in the range but it might depend on your skill level. Tax is country-specific. What country's tax laws are you an expert in? If you come from somewhere else, you may need to be retooled to practice here - hence they may offer you less than you would otherwise make.