What documents do i need??

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What documents do i need??

My company is sending to work in Hong Kong for about 12 to 18 months. I will still be paid by the US company and still be their employee, but I will be living in Hong Kong. I will be traveling to China at least once a week for business. Do I need a Hong Kong Visa? Do I need to fill out any forms to work in Hong Kong? Any info on this would be very helpful.

For HK visa, you can visit this link http://www.immd.gov.hk/ehtml/hkvisas.htm

For China visa, you can visit this link http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread5678.html

Last edited by Grungerock; 07-12-2006 at 09:46 AM.

if you are intending to work in hk, you need a hk visa, regardless of the location of your company. so, you need to apply for a HK working visa, with your company as sponsor. or else you run the risk of not being let back into HK, once the immig gets the idea that you are working here.(they usually gie you a couple of re-entries, then start to question how you can afford staying here without working)

i have been in hong kong since march, and having trouble getting work permit, is it due to my disability, or what, how can i get oe, i have people offering me part time work, is that enough, is it good to go to immigration services, to have them do my application

thanks for the help.. so just a normal HK visa will be okay?

Well i'll be in Hong Kong about Feb. so i'll be seeing you in a few months.

Again thanks for the help...

sorry one more question. i have found 2 HK visa forms. one is 18 pages (ID (E) 936 A) and the other is two pages. What one do i need to fill out? Thanks again.

Your company should do all the visa work for you. It is most likely the 2 page one. (I just did one though and I think it has 3) Your company should fill it out and any personal questions about you they do not know/want to check they will give it to you and get you to sign.

Make sure you do your photos for them though!

I was hoping you'd say that.. Thanks mate.

you CANNOT normally get a work visa for part-time work, sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    you CANNOT normally get a work visa for part-time work, sorry!
    I don't think the OP mentions part time. It is only for 1 yr -18 months but visas are on a per year basis. So I don't see a problem with a year to one and a half years.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast