Salary Adjustment SG->HK

Salary Adjustment SG->HK

Hi all,
    I have been reading up on most of the posts here, and I have to say, they have been extremely helpful in assisting me to make the decision on whether to move to HK.

I have been through 3 interviews, and am currently expecting the last interview in 2 weeks with senior management of a HR Consultancy in HK, where I expect will discuss the total salary and remuneration package.

I am 33 and currently working in S'pore - resource manager for an IT company with 10 years working experience. My salary in HKD equivalent would be around HKD 35,000.

This said job - regional HR consultant. They see value in having me manage and develop their IT accounts.

I understand I would need to put a "delta" on this figure to adjust for the increase in living expenses etc.

What would be a good figure to start with?

Of course we have not gone into talking about how much housing allowance will I get etc. My strategy would be to ask for housing allowance, if that does not work out, I will at least settle for company paying for rental deposits and short term relocation expenses.

Your advise please.

Last edited by cloverl3af; 28-12-2006 at 02:07 PM.

Aren't jobs in recruitment consultants largely commission-based? That was certainly my understanding, so the base salary is often a small fraction of what you might earn if you were very successful in the role...

Could try salary survey

Michael Page a recruitment agent has salary surveys for Singapore and HK might give you an idea of base increment to ask for.

www.michaelpage.com.hk