Software Professional

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

No-IT careers are far from dead !

I am an IT manager in an Inv Bank and we are always looking for really good engineers who know Java, C# etc and are all round GUI and Server side developers.

The problem in HK is everyone wants a generalist role in IT.

PM me with you CV and I'll see if we have anything.

Software professional

My consultant in singapoe is telling me that there are 3-4 investment banking companies planning to raise there head count in HK.
    But I do not remember any news regarding this.
    Just a bit worried that I do should not land up in a situation where I have to stick to a sheet work (I hate support stuff !!!) for a year or two just because I shifted my family to a new place and then there are not enough opportunities to change the job again !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Katanga:
    No-IT careers are far from dead !

I am an IT manager in an Inv Bank and we are always looking for really good engineers who know Java, C# etc and are all round GUI and Server side developers.

The problem in HK is everyone wants a generalist role in IT.

PM me with you CV and I'll see if we have anything.
    Hmm... oh, really?

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    >> I'll give up for good

>> I'm moving into something else which is more lucrative and better
    >> long term

Jimbo. Seriously... not in a space of 30 minutes.
    meaning?

I'm getting out of the I.T support market as such and moving more into the recruitment aspect of it, Hence the meetings lined up next week.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    meaning?

I'm getting out of the I.T support market as such and moving more into the recruitment aspect of it, Hence the meetings lined up next week.
    Isn't recruitment, sales?

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyC:
    Isn't recruitment, sales?
    Depends on which part of recruitment you end up in.

No sales role for me if I get this job. lot of cold calling though trying to get information but thats it.

we're hiring too!

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Depends on which part of recruitment you end up in.

No sales role for me if I get this job. lot of cold calling though trying to get information but thats it.
    hi jimbo, i work in banking technology recruitment and in my experience, some of the best and highest producing recruiters i've met have been (ex-)techies with sales aptitude.

would love to talk to you as well and see if you'd be interested in working at the firm i work at. care to stop by some time next week?
    Last edited by jungle; 17-01-2007 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jungle:
    hi jimbo, i work in banking technology recruitment and in my experience, some of the best and highest producing recruiters i've met have been (ex-)techies with sales aptitude.

would love to talk to you as well and see if you'd be interested in working at the firm i work at. care to stop by some time next week?

Yeah sure would love to, I'll p.m you my details etc.

Thanks.

Question subprime

The banking industry has gone through quite a bit of "change" lately, how is this affecting the job market in HK ?

What are the job prospect for IT Security / Risk Management professionals in the banking sector ?

A quick search in the local job sites turns up a few openings in IT security and risk in banking & finance. Not sure about the expat post but the local IT job market has been moving quite well for the past year or so. Are you in risk management?