Bonus in Hong Kong IT

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Then stay in london then!

Not everybody goes to to HK for the money, I could earn 40% more in London than HK but I prefer HK because of the lifestlye,Culture, less Crime, better transportation networks etc etc.

p.s you're not mfc from bbc are you?
    theres only one mfc in the world and that is me

money is important, well to me anyway, i really dont want to do this crap forever. i just think its unfair how they can pay someone with the same grade in london significantly more than someone in hk in the same organisation.

Because in HK its increased competition thats why, You're competing with fresh grads from HK and China etc who are willing and happy to work for peanuts to get a foot in the door etc.

They're the ones that are pricing you out of the market.

Also there are plenty of opportunities in HK to make money as opposed to working for others.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Because in HK its increased competition thats why, You're competing with fresh grads from HK and China etc who are willing and happy to work for peanuts to get a foot in the door etc.

They're the ones that are pricing you out of the market.
    Just been offered UK rates in HK, seems the fresh grads fron HK and China can't hack it

that translates to 1.5 mil HKD per year? that's pretty high for an IT guy in ibanks, is it?
    I am in the same boat as you guys, trying to figure out a reasonable salary to ask. I have 10 years experience, mostly in trading systems. Afer some researches on the net, I am narrowing down my range to 950K to 1.05 mil HKD per year. how does that sound?

Quote Originally Posted by mfc:
    Just been offered UK rates in HK, seems the fresh grads fron HK and China can't hack it

Yeah but not my fault when companies such as morgan stanley and PWC can't 'afford me' even though I have dropped my rates by 30% already.

bloody tightwads.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4