Bonus in Hong Kong IT

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bonus in Hong Kong IT

I am exploring a Job offer in Hong Kong.

Can any body give some idea about the amount of Bonus generally given to an IT professional working in Finance domain in HongKong, having 7.5 years of IT experience ?

Is there any basic formula that companys generally follow to calculate an employee's Bonus amount in Hong Kong ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

One extra month paid at Chinese New Year is one of the more common ones. Apart from that it's very much down to what you can negotiate (but surely a higher a base salary is better than a high bonus).

>> One extra month

Not with investment banks from what I've heard from friends who are with some of the American banks. One month would be an insult ..

Thanks for very quick reply on Bonus.

Is it possible for you to give some info on Salary expectation per month in Hong Kong according to current Market standard for IT professional working in Finance domain (MNC) in HongKong, having 7.5 years of IT experience ?

Thanks in advance.

What do you mean by "Finance domain"?

Excel macros for accounts payables?

Hi KnowItAll,

Finance domain means Investment banking area.
    Software application development,maintenance and support for Investment banking.

What should be the expected package as per current market in HK ?

>>Not with investment banks from what I've heard from friends who are with some of the American banks. One month would be an insult ..

So generally how many month(s) salalary as Bonus can be expected ?

range wide. between 0 to 12mths i guess.
    depends on how much they need you and how much the company/team u are supporting made in that year.

it can vary a lot (US Bank, Euro Bank, Good year, Bad year) but I'd say around 3 months to 6 months on average.

Hi ,

Could anybody pls give some idea, according to current Hong Kong IT market , what monthly salary can be expected with 7.5 years of IT experience for Software application development,maintenance and support for Investment banking (MNC) ????

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited by Tats74; 30-01-2007 at 02:29 AM.

In forum , can anybody help me by providing information related to salary expectation, as per above profile with 7.5 years experience ?????

Last edited by Tats74; 01-02-2007 at 02:48 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast