Rights to use of my image/voice/name?

Closed Thread

Post Rights to use of my image/voice/name?

Will someone please direct me where to research what my legal rights are to the use of my image by my employer? In particular for their Marketing, Promotional Materials, and in-house Training Materials. Thanks

Is there any mention of this in your employment contract?

First port of call would of course be a solicitor.

Hi Jimbo, thanks for responding.

No, no mention of this in my contract. That will probably change next year once this has been brought ot the light. My company did things a little differently this year and hired a lot of actors and industry people who have dealt with this 'right to image' issue on our own countries. So this is the first my employer has had to deal with it.

In the meantime, they are using my... our images and we're not being compensated seperately for it, much less signing away our rights to anything. I'm familiar with this being part of a hiring contract because I used to work for dear ol' Disney... where even the people VISITING the Parks sign away the right to their image upon purchase of their ticket and walking through the gates.

But I digress.

What's a 'solicitor' in this context please?

Solictor -- lawyer.

Can get very expensive, very quickly.

There was an employment lawyer at our Valentines day party. Let me see if I can dig up his card. He might be able to provide some advice.

I don't think you have any recourse if your employer is merely using photos of employees taken within the workplace for standard marketing/training purposes.

Last edited by grandcider; 09-02-2007 at 04:15 PM.

From my experience you have no recourse.

Wink

Did you ever find that Valentine's Day lawyer's business card?

Hey Donni, how'd the Monologues thing go? Are you going to take these guys to the cleaners for using pictures of your lovely self?