Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bryant.english

What you put when you apply?

Closed Thread

What you put when you apply?

Hello, peeps!

I have a question...

Do you put that you require a visa sponsorship on the email's body when you apply for job openings here in HK?

As someone who is in the process of hiring, I would say, "yes".... we need to know the pertinent information about the applicants so that we can make an informed decision when figuring out who is on our shortlist...if you choose not to put it in the covering letter, I would say at least put it in a prominent position on your resume/cv

Quote Originally Posted by YOHAN:
    Hello, peeps!

I have a question...

Do you put that you require a visa sponsorship on the email's body when you apply for job openings here in HK?
    As an employer I would say you should make it very clear that you need sponsorship...

As an applicant I would sell myself first and then let them know that I need sponsorship...
    Football16 likes this.

Agree with bryant.english
    you need to sell yourself and your skills.

Thank you, guys. I guess I need to put it on my resume. It's kinda hard for me to find anything... =(

Yohan frankly speaking if you put it on your resume no one will call you - seriously - best to sell your skills first on paper, get your foot in the door with the interview, sell yourself and achievements during the interview - learn to spin answers in a positive manner this means answers/responses that would normally be a negative answer/response answer with a positive to you.

Strictly of course if the company can find anyone without the need to sponsor then you couldn't get a visa anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by YOHAN:
    Thank you, guys. I guess I need to put it on my resume. It's kinda hard for me to find anything... =(
    If it's not on the job listing (if you are applying through a listing) then you can either put it on or not. They will find out anyway so I suppose put it on.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Strictly of course if the company can find anyone without the need to sponsor then you couldn't get a visa anyway.
    OP, as pointed out, the company employing you (if that came down it it) needs to prove that they advertised locally and/or outline why you are better than sliced bread and need to import you taking away good jobs from locals!