Like Tree2Likes

Chatteris Educational Foundation

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

lol sounds terrible, and like there's room for another NGO to take the reins from Chatteris.

Ha! I know what you mean HPN. I was so close to doing the same myself but just didn't have the cojones to hang up, preferring instead to continue getting stone-walled by an imaginary schoolboy.

Hope it all works out and you manage to get here anyway. Give us a bell when you do and we can sling more mud.

ps. Not sure what happened to your last post. Maybe your vented spleen was too much for this board.

hey hey,

Yeah my post got deleted because I used names....lol. I just thought to myself at the time- 'Ive spent the whole night learning and filling every brain cell with what Chatteris does, now you expect me to communicate over a webcam with somebody who looks as though she's gonna have me for breakfast, No thanks'. haha. Just wasn't worth it and felt like I was the one chasing them the whole time. Very very poorly run organization in my opinion. But yeah, things are looking up now and aiming to be in Hong Kong by early Feb. Thanks Prush81, I will give you a bell when I'm about to come over as I wont know a soul....I like your slinging mud idea

Hey,

I just saw this thread and I am thinking of applying to Chatteris. I see it has mixed reviews from a few years ago. Has anyone done it recently? What advice could you give me?

Thanks!

i tried to apply before I went to HK it was super smooth...until they saw me with a black hair. After that, poof! no follow-ups, no replies, and when I finally got a human on the other line they said application has closed.

but, after living here for a while, i understand that locals would trust caucasians as teachers rather than their fellow asians.

so going back to your question, that's as far as I goes. Hope that helps =)

Cool

Hi. I actually did the program last year and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is juggling the idea /contemplating becoming a teacher/teaching as a career. The experience gave me plenty of opportunities in the classroom, working in a school, and also being around students. I have met so many different people in the program and have been able to use my time to explore Hong Kong inside and out and also southeast/east Asia!

Hi, just found this thread.

Have applied and waiting to see if i get an acknowledgement e-mail to be shortlisted. Its says up to two weeks but just wondering how quickly they came back to those who previously applied

Thanks

Wow this organisation is so badly managed I don't know what to think. I applied like 2 days after they started taking applications for the 2013 programme and didn't hear back from them at all until I emailed them last month. The recruitment process is not clear at all. Was told that I would only be given a phone interview if I was in hong kong. Obviously I'm not in hong kong. After that completely ignored. Then because im quite keen on this programme, have a degree, the skills and even a TEFL cert not to mention a HK id which would make their visa process much easier (mainly because they wouldnt need one with me!) I decided to make a call to them all the way from the uk. Was then told that I should go 'try get short listed by the uk reresentative' is this the process everybody has to go through? I don't think so. Thanks for wasting my time.

Last edited by Editor; 07-08-2013 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Cleaning up a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by KylieA:
    hi, I am an australian citizen, considering joining my partner in HK and have also found Chatteris Education Foundation, sounds like quite a great opportunity. Was wondering if anyone knew if the organisation provided sponsorship, as I am 34 years of age. I have recently completed a business degree and am completing a TESOL Certificate.

Thanks for you help!
    Did you end up working at Chatteris?

I would recommend you try to find something else, I know that their pay is very low and housing keeps going up. Your quality of life wouldn't be ideal.