Fashion Design Job Anyone ?

Closed Thread

Talking Fashion Design Job Anyone ?

hi guys
    im new to this forum and need some advice
    im chinese from indonesia, a graphic graduate, and now pursuing 1 year certificate diploma in fashion design styling/illustration. want to move to HK later in end of jul..before that i've been browsing along through job websites and fashion companies in HK and been send all my CVs and portfolio samples...
    i just want to know what is the fashion industry market in HK right now, because im really serious about moving there to get a job (i have relatives there)..actually one european company that has a design studio have called me recently and want to schedule an interview, but when i emailed them to ask when, i got no reply, as i dont know their contact telephone number (they only give me their address in HK).. should i email them back WHEN i go to HK, of BEFORE IN TIME i go to HK.. and what are the chances of sponsoring junior fashion design position in HK, and about working visa changes for such position? i am new to the position so im considering to apply as assistant/junior position, because right after i graduate from graphic i go to fashion college, while i do have some non-relevant work experience that i still do until now that is property agent...PLEASE I NEED ANYONE INFOs here...
    thanks alot Anthony

Kalau menurut Aq sih, mending kamu dateng duluan ke HK, baru kontak perusahaan itu. Sejauh ini menurut pengalaman sih, kalau kamu kirim email duluan sedangkan kamu belum ada di HK, mereka ga minat untuk panggil kamu interview. Kamu sudah disini aja, kesempatan untuk dipanggil interview 50:50, 1 bulan lebih belum tentu ada panggilan interview. Apalagi kalau kamu memerlukan perusahaan tersebut apply visa kerja buat kamu, nunggunya bisa lebih lama lagi.
    Ga ada maksud buat meruntuhkan niat kamu, aq hanya berbagi pengalaman saja, jadi kamu kurang lebih bisa tau mesti gimana.

hi..

hi my hann
    so
    u already in HK ?
    also doin in fashion industry ?
    hows the job market there ?
    so u go to HK first then starting to look a job ?
    my relatives told me the same thing
    that companies there prefer you to be physically in HK..
    gosh
    waiting to grad soon..

anthony

I'm already in HK, and looking for a job now but not in fashion industry.
    Better for u to get HK first, send a lot of application and see maybe u've got the luck, otherwise u can consider as holiday also

hmm

so youre now already in HK..
    youre indon passport holder ?
    get 1 month time right ?
    is it enought for job searching ?
    any intention for visa extension ?
    so hows your job hunting..hopefully its doin well
    good luck perhaps we can meet up over there when i come

hmmm

so youre now already in HK..
    youre indon passport holder ?
    get 1 month time right ?
    is it enought for job searching ?
    any intention for visa extension ?
    so hows your job hunting..hopefully its doin well
    good luck perhaps we can meet up over there when i come

yes, i'm already in hk and also indo passport holder.
    yes before got the dependent visa, the hk immigration gave 1 month permition to stay not to work , If u lucky, a month just enough to find the company that want to hire u and apply the visa for u.
    Good Luck