Like Tree12Likes

wat's with hong kong job mkt?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Facebook? Ok ... I give up.
    I didn't like Mark Zuckerberg neither, but fb is still a useful tool i'v to say

Well, obviously has been working very well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by cooldin84:
    I didn't like Mark Zuckerberg neither, but fb is still a useful tool i'v to say
    It's a useful SOCIAL tool. It you want a job, start acting like a professional. If you cannot bear to actually speak to real people to do your networking, at minimum get LinkedIn rather than Facebook.

Ideally, RING people up, ARRANGE lunch (or coffee or dinner or whatever) and TALK to them. Face to face. The old fashioned way of networking. That's how you find a job here.

(PS - you might want to improve your English writing skills while you are at it).

Rather than fb I think you should try this site, it worked for me. Because many headhunter in there.

Relationships Matter | LinkedIn

And I suggest you join jobs group as many as you can.

Last edited by Burhanto; 20-04-2011 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burhanto:
    Rather than fb I think you should try this site, it worked for me. Because many headhunter in there.

Relationships Matter | LinkedIn

And I suggest you join jobs group as many as you can.
    thanks lots here~

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    It's a useful SOCIAL tool. It you want a job, start acting like a professional. If you cannot bear to actually speak to real people to do your networking, at minimum get LinkedIn rather than Facebook.

Ideally, RING people up, ARRANGE lunch (or coffee or dinner or whatever) and TALK to them. Face to face. The old fashioned way of networking. That's how you find a job here.

(PS - you might want to improve your English writing skills while you are at it).
    Exactly, or anywhere in the world come to that. As I was taught at college, if you want a response, ring someone. Mails/post etc can easily be ignored, or say they never arrived, but you get someone on the end of the phone they can't. Amazes me how many people send 'urgent' e-mails expecting an immediate response - the only way to get an urgent response is to physically call them and speak to them. Most people don't sit at their desks all day awaiting your 'important' e-mail.
    Satay Sue likes this.

Here are some websites to find a job for your reference :

www.monster.com.hk/

www.careertimes.com.hk

www.classifiedpost.com/

timway.com/hk/Life/Jobs/

jijis.com - jijis Resources and Information. This website is for sale! (for students only)

www.jobs.gov.hk/ (the govt only post jobs here)

www.efinancialcareers.hk

www.jobmarket.com.hk/

hongkong.recruit.net

careerjet.hk

www.palacejobs.com

cooldin84 likes this.

Welcome to the club. There are at least 3 professionals I know, myself included, who are still out of work and we are folks with advanced degrees from the US and at least 12 years work experience. To make you feel better, we have been in the HK job market for about 9 months now and with no luck so far. All of us have attended numerous interviews, networking lunches, coffees, happy hours, industry events but nothing has materialized. So, prepare yourself for frustration ahead, count your blessings in other areas of your life (to keep perspective) and continue to persevere.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:

yeah, i think you are right. Since i was born in the language, i sometimes do find it difficult to write a breath taking CV.

Quote Originally Posted by burrcl:
    Exactly, or anywhere in the world come to that. As I was taught at college, if you want a response, ring someone. Mails/post etc can easily be ignored, or say they never arrived, but you get someone on the end of the phone they can't. Amazes me how many people send 'urgent' e-mails expecting an immediate response - the only way to get an urgent response is to physically call them and speak to them. Most people don't sit at their desks all day awaiting your 'important' e-mail.
    should I be calling recruiters then? most of them didn't leave a number.