Like Tree4Likes

how long to get job offer ?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

some updates for the kind people on this forum.

Hubby had the agent on the phone this morning, the offer is on its way apparently and it should not take long from now. I will of course let you know asap. thanks again

aliendavid1 likes this.

Update ! Finally got the offer today ! All seems good and we will accept it the only concern is on the tax optimisation as the salary has no housing benefits clearly stated. Hubby is trying to explain that he wants the rental value taken into account for tax purposes.
    Does anyone knows anything about the work visa and the documents needed to have it ASAP? Any idea about this ? Thanks again for your support.

The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region - Immigration Department

Has all the information about employment visas. Best to submit everything they ask for and perhaps more, in an orderly well organized format to avoid them having to ask you for more info (will delay the process by 2-4 weeks).
    Last edited by shri; 01-06-2011 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Loga:
    Does anyone knows anything about the work visa and the documents needed to have it ASAP? Any idea about this ? Thanks again for your support.
    Yes, I know about visa documents. Yes, I have some ideas about this.

Sorry being a dumb ass.

Quote Originally Posted by virago:

Sorry being a dumb ass.
    bit harsh. A wisecracking pedant more like

Sorry being a dumb ass.
    don't be sorry, if you don't wish to share you knowledge, I am sure others will.

thanks for the link about immigration. I am currently getting all the paperwork ready. My concern is obviously on what others have experiment in their visa application as I would like our familly to be settled there before september. We have 4 school aged kids and it would be much easier for everybody. I also have an interview planned as soon as i land in HK for a teaching job and I'm better be there before school start otherwise I may lose this job opportunity.

Thanks all for your input it is a very useful forum

Hi Loga,

I recently received my working visa and it took around 8 weeks to be processed. The company hired a law firm to deal with it and I believe they had some questions which prolonged the process. If your husband is with a large bank then it maybe quicker as my company is quite new to HK.

Congrats and best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    bit harsh. A wisecracking pedant more like
    Well, it's not hard to find on a 30 second internet search.

But just to help and refrain from being a wise ass cracker this should help.

The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region - Immigration Department

Well, it's not hard to find on a 30 second internet search.

But just to help and refrain from being a wise ass cracker this should help.

thanks, that's nice of you