Like Tree4Likes

how long to get job offer ?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

how long to get job offer ?

hi all

hubby had round of interviews (5 in 2 weeks) with IBank for a VP position in IT. Everything went fine and the agent call him back 2 weeks ago to discuss salary and confirm the bank was happy with the interviews. Since then he had NO NEWS at all. Does anyone knows how long is the normal time to get the offer from the bank ?

thanks a lot for your help

There is no rule of thumb. If the agent is calling back then it probably not good as they generally chase the money for placing candidates as quickly as possible.

Anyway get your hubby to call them right away. Nothing wrong with knowing where things are at.

cooldin84 and Loga like this.

thanks for your reply

well, my husband has not yet contacted the agent since they had the discussion about salary package and confirmation that the bank was happy with the interviews. My husband just told me that he want to wait until next tuesday as it was bank holidays in Hong Kong apparently last week and this week (easter days and labour day).

do you know the internal process of recruiting after the final round of interviews ?

I couldn't really say for a bank. They have pretty sound processes so it should be done quickly. There are a few bankers here so I am sure you will get a better answer soon.

I assume you don't have visa work permit and not in HK so there are a few more things that need to happen to work here. You can't start until these immigration issues are sorted out. This could take 4-6 weeks if things run smoothly.

Loga likes this.

you're right as per the visa issue as my husband is currently working in london and has been chased by the agent (he has had one of the interviews in london in the bank office there). We are aware the bank shall apply for his visa but this doesn't seem to be an issue as there are very well settled in HK. I am just getting worried as everything was going quite quickly (5 interviews in 2 weeks, informal acceptance by agent and nothing since then). but he is not worried it is just me ...

Quote Originally Posted by Loga:
    thanks for your reply

well, my husband has not yet contacted the agent since they had the discussion about salary package and confirmation that the bank was happy with the interviews. My husband just told me that he want to wait until next tuesday as it was bank holidays in Hong Kong apparently last week and this week (easter days and labour day).

do you know the internal process of recruiting after the final round of interviews ?
    PH in HK were/are April 22 / 25 and May 2nd so indeed that can slow down the process.

Between the interviews and formal offer two weeks wait are not uncommon (at least that's what happened to me and at that time it was for a junior role, 6 years ago).

I would not worry too much at this point.

actually i would think that between final interviews and the offer, they would run the background checks on your husband. if he is based in HK, 2 weeks could be ok. If he is outside of HK that could take longer, me thinks

Agree with the other posters. A call just to find where they are at will rest your hubby's (and your!) minds.

2 weeks isn't too bad at all.

thanks for your genuine advice. I will just calm down and wait. Just hope it won't take a month or so ...

of course feel free to go on letting me know your experience

@Loga: I read somewhere that it could be anything between 2 to 8 weeks. I would love to hear from you how the application went as I will be applying soon too.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast