Like Tree3Likes

Estate agents - how much is their commission on sold flats ?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Estate agents - how much is their commission on sold flats ?

Just wondering how it works with estate agents and their commission, whether they will get a flat amount or a percentage of the sale price ?

To be clear, I don't mean the agency but the actual agent him/herself.

I ask because our estate agent was really good and I wanted to get them like a bottle of wine and/or send a card to say thanks but my partner thinks its too much, don't want to freak the agent out if its really abnormal to do stuff like that, I just think its nice to show someone you appreciate the job they did like a pat on the back type thing !

The agent works for one of the main estate agencies if that makes a difference and not high up in the chain.

i'm sure it would be greatly appreciated, to know that someone is so happy with their service. that's always nice to hear. people hear it so rarely from their bosses...

bryant.english likes this.

When I bought my place my estate agent was very helpful.

As a thanks I took her out for dinner and a few drinks, followed by coffee back at mine.....

Sent from my Nexus One using GeoClicks Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    When I bought my place my estate agent was very helpful.

As a thanks I took her out for dinner and a few drinks, followed by coffee back at mine.....

Sent from my Nexus One using GeoClicks Mobile
    Another one, why do you have to tell us what kind of phone you have?

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    Someone explain what an app is to Bryant while I fix his zimmerframe

Sent from my HTC Desire using GeoClicks Mobile
    Satay Sue likes this.

A letter to the manager of the Agency, will help at the time of Bonus. Bottle of wine is always welcome

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    Blame it on the fact that I'm an Android fan boy (and that its the default setting in the Geoexpat app).

depends on the agency

If its a big one then probably 20-4X% of the total commission depends on how many sales and transactions they have done in the month. They have a sliding scale where the more you sell/lease the more you get.

If its a smaller agency and the agent has their own car, clients, listings whatever then they can get up to 70% or more.

You say he is probably at the big agency so he'll probably get between 20-50% if you really want to show him your appreciation write a letter to the manager and oh yea alot of REFERRALS which is money for him and good help for your friend/family. Tell your HR if you were here for an expat contract and they might give him more business.

Yeah thats a good idea about the letter of recommendation, my main aim was really for his bosses to realise that he's a pretty good agent (as agents go!) and that I think his style of 'selling' should be a benchmark for others in that lying, pushing for higher priced flats and the general pressure doesn't work !

Rayzilla likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuMaiTaiTai:
    Yeah thats a good idea about the letter of recommendation, my main aim was really for his bosses to realise that he's a pretty good agent (as agents go!) and that I think his style of 'selling' should be a benchmark for others in that lying, pushing for higher priced flats and the general pressure doesn't work !
    I agree in many ways with you. And I wish more people were like you in taking your own personal time and expenses to make sure that those people that do well for others (even though he gains himself as well) are recognized for their effort and thoughtfulness. Particularly with sales agents. There is often a perception of "you can't trust them to look after YOUR best interests" so when you get one that shows that he does, they should be rewarded. Just my opinion.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast