Like Tree1Likes

UNSKILLED

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mercos333:
    It's actually very easy firstly need to change the passport from hk to BNO which costs 1600hkd.
    Er no. If you didn't apply for a BN(O) before 1997 you can't get one now.

It's actually very easy firstly need to change the passport from hk to BNO which costs 1600hkd. You need to apply from outside the uk. It's called a youth mobility scheme but is exact same as working holiday and BNO is accepted along with a few other countries, anyone between 18 and 30 will be accepted. The other thing is you have to show you have the funds of sixteen hundred pound in your account for 90 days.
    this youth mobility scheme seems to only introduced recently in 2008

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Er no. If you didn't apply for a BN(O) before 1997 you can't get one now.
    As long as you have had one before yes you can, it's been done already just in case I can't stay here we might go to the uk.

As long as you have had one before yes you can, it's been done already just in case I can't stay here we might go to the uk.
    you have nothing to lose in trying ( apart from a few hundred quid on a tefl), consider doing a tefl and come to HK and try at most 6 months later you can go back to uk, also what will ur missus do after 24 months on a youth mobility scheme? will you marry then?

there many benefits in HK, lower taxes is one them, you will pay around 50-70% less income taxes compared to uk.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    you have nothing to lose in trying ( apart from a few hundred quid on a tefl), consider doing a tefl and come to HK and try at most 6 months later you can go back to uk, also what will ur missus do after 24 months on a youth mobility scheme? will you marry then?

there many benefits in HK, lower taxes is one them, you will pay around 50-70% less income taxes compared to uk.
    I'm here in hk at the moment but yeah we will only go to the uk if we have to. Looking to marry maybe next year or 2 years max either back home or get the family over here or sth I don't mind. Staying here rent free too so would only be looking to earn anything over 10000 a month just to get a foot in. One interview tomorrow for a learning centre so see how that plays out.