Like Tree4Likes

Summer job for student

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

i think he is a big shot, he wants to be the top and skip all the obstacle to become a ceo / chairman of the company.

meh guys cmon, that's not constructive or helpful at all. What's with all the hatin

Give the guy a break, he's just a kid looking for a summer job. There's no need to judge. He might have the wrong ideas but if you have nothing constructive to say, you shouldn't say anything.

reeseang likes this.

I'm not sure what you mean. He said he's looking for any job. Someone suggested retail but he declined. So I asked him what career he's interested in and he didn't answer.

1) what is your working experience?
    2) what are your interests/hobbies?
    3) what kind of hours are you looking to put in?
    4) what kind of money are you hoping to earn?
    5) what have you been studying?
    6) what will you be studying?
    7) do you want to go to uni? if so, what do you want to take?
    8) any other information that might be relevant to a prospective employer?

if you are serious about a job, you need to be serious. knocking suggestions from people trying to help and making it sound like you are too good for a job are not a great way to get job offers.
    you never know who is reading your posts. there could be prospective employers out there looking for someone just like you, but perhaps your seeming attitude has put them off?

you need to do a little "leg work" if you expect to get returns.

IvanD, Satay Sue and reeseang like this.

Ok, I admit, I might have sounded a bit cocky in my previous comments and for that I apologize.

In reference to carang:
    1. Work experience: Was a coffee boy last summer at starbucks but that's about it.
    2. Hobbies are mostly sports and interests I would say anything that makes the bucks( trying to be honest here.)
    3.I'm willing to put in up to 6 hours a day.
    4. Minimum wage is good enough
    5.Studying pretty generic GCSE topics and for IB im doing history,econ,math,physics.
    6./7. I will be studying that until next year and I'm trying to get into PPE for uni.

Once again, I'm sorry if I seemed like a brat.

Can you read or write in Chinese? Are you a dependent, visa wise?

What are you planning for university studies..... can go on here....

Sorry, you've put in a reply during my edit.

On item 3, try adding at least 3-4 hours. The only person I know doing "9 'til 5" is Dolly Parton when singing on a full time, albeit temporary job in HK.

Last edited by fth; 04-07-2011 at 11:06 PM.

Yep fluent in chinese and english. I'm a permanent resident of Hong Kong. If that's the case then 8-10 hours is fine as well.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    I'm not sure what you mean. He said he's looking for any job. Someone suggested retail but he declined. So I asked him what career he's interested in and he didn't answer.
    Just Joe celebrating winning the argument:

This how I picture JJ to look (and dance)

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    Just Joe celebrating winning the argument:

This how I picture JJ to look (and dance)
    I dunno about anyone else but it says "bandwidth exceeded" when I look at that image. Are you implying I'm extremely fat?!