Interview Questions and process

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Stating money is a bad move I would say.
    With some hot shot bankers or high flyers it might work but in most of the cases you just shoot yourself in the arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    With some hot shot bankers or high flyers it might work
    No it will not! Unless you can show us that you have a proven record of "making" much more money for the company then we're willing to pay you.

If you're a hot shot trader or a marketer who have made some big bucks somewhere else and just want to get paid, it may work. However, at that point, you're not really going through a traditional "interview" You're typically recruited away by a head hunter.
    Last edited by climber07; 01-06-2007 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by climber07:
    No it will not! Unless you can show us that you have a proven record of "making" much more money for the company then we're willing to pay you.

If you're a hot shot trader or a marketer who have made some big bucks somewhere else and just want to get paid, it may work. However, at that point, you're not really going through a traditional "interview" You're typically recruited away by a head hunter.
    Didn't say the opposite and my post was actually bonding that way......

Talking about money won't work unless you are in a strong position (as you said good track record) and facing a hot shot too. Else as I said you will just shoot yoursef in the arm.

Quote Originally Posted by sideduck:
    looking for that I can say to seperate myself from other 1000 people? I mean I know I should mention experience, education background, etc...but are there other key statements to help make me stand out more?
    Well, probably not everyone in Hong Kong will have experience working in Canada? right? You should probably play that up as an advantage rather than a weak point that you're leaving . If you're going for an international bank focus on your communication skills (know how to deal with business partners in North America, etc.). You probably have a better command of English than most local hires, you can play that up as well. Not knowing about your professional background, I can't really say much more.

You mention that you're coming back to HK, so I'm assuming you're originally from here? Do you have family here? You can use that as your reason for wanting to work back in HK market rather than $$$ (being closer to family).

there are tonnes and tonnes of reasons, and in fact many of them valid.

if all my interviews are just these simple questions life wld have been so easy. 8-)

Quote Originally Posted by climber07:
    List specifics. As far as Hong Kong vs. Canada, you could always list wanting a a more rounded exposure to a variety of products. Asian markets are also much different than North America (so wanting an exposure to Asian product/markets could be a right approach). If you are a Canadian national, saying that you wanted to experience an international working environment is also an option.
    I second this suggestion only adding that doing your research on the company and/or market trends in the region to asssit framing your answer could possibly serve as an added bonus. Know what direction(s) the company is headed and/or what initatives they are pursuing.

Thanks for the great feed back. Hope I can land a job and than I can start giving out advice to others.