Like Tree4Likes

Secondary School Students

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Secondary School Students

It seems as though it's very hard to find opportunities as a secondary school student unless you know Mandarin or Cantonese. ;(

I have been trying to find part-time jobs, but I'm not exactly sure where to search and what to look for.

Does anybody have any suggestions/advice for a 16 year old girl looking for an English part-time job? I have no experience, but I am hard working and am willing to try my best to get the job done.

Edit: If it helps, I have a permanent ID card. My primary language is English. I can try administration work, teaching, dog walking, babysitting, volunteering, etc. Since I have no job experience, I figure that I should just try my best in whatever I get, haha.

Last edited by Riayain; 17-07-2011 at 01:40 PM.

You can try establishments that mostly target the expat crowds- gyms, bars, eateries/restaurants, etc.

If possible, could you give me some names or the websites of some of those establishments? I'll take a look at them.

Walk around Lan Kwai Fong and Soho and look for ads in the windows of small cafes / restaurants looking for part time help.

That's actually an interesting idea. I might go there with my friend one day and take a look - at the very least, my friend and I could find some opportunities and a new cafe to hang out at.

Don't just look for ads in windows. Go to every such place and ask if they have a job. If not, pass them your details and ask them to phone you if anything comes up. I did this in UK when I was 18 looking for bar work and got replies from places which initially said they had no jobs.

Will do! When you mean 'details', do you mean my resume or just info like my phone number, etc.?

I don't know really, it was all very informal in Leeds pubs but I don't know about HK! Your cv will be a bit empty anyway... so a short personal statement, details of when you can work and duties you can do, and a contact number would probably do for the kind of job you want.

(Note: I'm making this up as I go along.. this is just what I'd probably do in your situation)

Last edited by justjoe86; 17-07-2011 at 03:47 PM.

Alright then. Something like a small card with a statement, when I'm available, and contact details. *jots it down*

I dont think they will hire 16yr to serve drinks.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast