resume, interview, jobs?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Red face resume, interview, jobs?

any suggestion what to write on resume, especially on "personal information" .
    I have been sending a lot of resume lately, but yet no interview., do I have to enlighten that I'm allow to work without company's sponsor?

thank you in advance

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

Well one of the first things you can do is to have a ONE page resume. Make sure to have it printed [preferably by a laserjet] on good quality paper [Conqueror] off white or your favourite pastel. You want to get noticed so make your initial contact with your employer a memorable one.

Oh! and no dog ears

I usually send the resume with cover letter through email

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

Well try hand delivering your next resume; preferably in a matching envelope.

Teddy says

"Whenever you are asked if you can do a job, tell 'em, 'Certainly I can!' Then get busy and find out how to do it."
    - Theodore Roosevelt

After sending your resume via email. Make sure to call the company HR or hiring manager, because these days they get hundreds of applications per position, going through each application thoroughly is quite an hard task.

Likewise as candidates, we can all be applying for hundreds of different positions. HR or recruiters are really swamped with candidates. My advice is to call them after you have sent your CV, so it does not disappear in their email mailboxes.

thanks for the tips............. I'll try to call them & send my resume in person.
    I found it's really hard to find a job in hk. I guess they prefferd local more than outsiders.
    Sure it's diffrent if I had 7 to xx years experienced. (",)

Last edited by bodyNsoul; 25-08-2004 at 12:51 PM.

I've seen folks include their birthdays and marital status as "Personal Information". I don't consider this useful myself, perhaps you can consider including some information that would help you stand out, such as particular skills or qualifications.

dear bodyNsoul,
    i have been looking for jobs in hk for the past 1 month. and it is really, really tough. most jobs require u to be able to read and write chinese.. easier for you, if u do. the competition is so tough in hk, they require you to have a degree for the post of receptionist.. well not all receptionist post, but i did encounter one. be vary of jobs, that are interested in your network in hk, they just want you to sell their financial products to your friends.. and be very , very careful, when u get the employment letter.. i had one experience where the terms in the employment letter is different than that of the information provided during interview.
    guess, we just have to work hard, don't give up .. and good luck! have u tried employment agencies?

best of luck to u.

I can't speak/ read chinese. I agree with you (reei), it's really tough to find a job in hk. I had few interviewed, and all of them end up when the interviewer asked me "can u speak cantonese?".
    Actually I feel unhappy when they ask about race. As what i know, this question is illegal during interview, but i guess in hk is normal...?

reei, you mentioned about employment agency, mind to tell me more about it?

u can e-mail to employment agencies,, attach your resume, your expected salary, date of availability,, and what kind of jobs you are looking for. example, in what industry,, or entry level.. it will help if u .. are willing to take up temporary jobs, because u can get to know someone from temp jobs..
    u can find out the employment agencies address from jobsdb website,, or careertimes.. if u need, i can provide you with the list of namecards i have collected.. so far..

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast