Resignation Notice Period

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

3 months notice... how I envy you! I was soo excited when I got my current job that I did not read the contract properly, and now I am stucked with 7 month notice. And this is my first job since graduating 5 years ago.
    Any words of consolation?

7 months ? what job is that ?

anyway u can quit, and take it easy in office surfing web and chatting with friends...

in japan, legally notice period is just 2 weeks.
    even if the employer ask you to sign a 3mth notice, you can legally tender notice and ask to leave within 2 weeks. they would have difficulties imposing their 3mth contract on you as it violates constitutional rights of freedom to jobs.

Last edited by freeier; 15-06-2007 at 07:22 AM.

7 Months .. WTF !!!

Well ... just to give you an update. Boss hasn't got back to me if I can leave earlier and the new job has cancelled their offer. Just as I thought!

So even if he does come back and offers me a wad of cash to stay ... methinks I'll just serve out my 3 months term and will be glad to see the back of them!

Quote Originally Posted by mjk:
    3 months notice... how I envy you! I was soo excited when I got my current job that I did not read the contract properly, and now I am stucked with 7 month notice. And this is my first job since graduating 5 years ago.
    Any words of consolation?

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    i love the 3 mth clause, since i don't have to get back to office the day i resign. i'd effective get 3 months of break. ahahaa...
    freeier, are you a trader?

WTF with all the 3 mnth clauses, what industry? What ever happened to 2 weeks?

of all the jobs i've had its always 1 months notice, never sign any more than that.

You could always run off and never go back to the office, i once had a friend who did that, they sent him letters asking for the 1 months pay, he just ignored them, in the end they just gave up, not worth getting lawyers involved unless you earn more than 100k per month then it might be worth it for the company.

climber > nope.. but we work closely with them.
    most of the FO guys are on 'tender and you clear out' policy...

When you get made redundant it all looks very different though guys...